Wednesday, January 25, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Savoring

 Last night I was talking to my husband about how I didn't finish what I wanted to this week.  He said, "No, you're just savoring the projects you already have."  I just LOVED that!  Yes, that's all it is.  I'm savoring!  He then went on to add with how much quilts cost to make I should savor more often, not likely.  While I do like the savoring I love new projects even more.

Finished:
The first thing I finished was the crocheted washcloths.  I made ten for a friend at church.  I knew the pattern was awesome but I worried if she would like the colors.  She said they were perfect and I was so relieved.  I wondered when I was on #3 why I roped myself into making ten but looking back on it the whole thing wasn't a big deal and it gave me something to do while watching the kids and I love that.

Ten finished crochet washcloths.

Progress:
The yarn I bought last week has already been put to good use making my afghan.  I'm in love with this one!  It's a project for me which doesn't happen very often.  I'm going on a crochet retreat this weekend, it's the first time I've ever done anything like that, and I am going to bring this along to work on.  It doesn't have a whole lot done now but again with the savoring.  I didn't want to finish it before the retreat even started.

I just love the colors!

Unfortunately my cartwheels quilt also falls under the progress section and not the finished section.  I had a whole afternoon all to myself last Friday and I sat down with plenty of time to work on my quilt then I ran out of thread!!  I was so grumpy!  The youngest two were napping peacefully and the oldest two were at school and there I was with no thread.  For most of you this would be a minor setback but I live a good 20 minutes from ANYWHERE that would sell thread (Wal-mart included) and thus trudging out in an Iowa Winter to just pick up thread was not in the cards for me.  My husband graciously picked me up some on his way home from work on Monday but I've been so busy there it sits, being savored.  Hopefully next week I'll be able to savor the finished project since this one is actually for me.

The half-finished binding.  I do love my fabric choices though.
No Progress:
Skill Builder Sampler blocks (totally need to catch up!)
Ruby Quilt
Christmas Etchings quilt

This week's stats:
Completed projects - 1
New projects - 0
Currently in progress - 5 (counting the ongoing SBS blocks)

Head on over to Freshly Pieced to checked out other WIP Wednesday Posts!


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

  1. I sort of hid this comment on an older post, since you don't have an about me or e-mail listed. You inspired me to finally go put my profile up on mormon.org. =) I've always had a quote at the top of my sidebar on my blogs, changing it periodically, but now I have the button, though it will be a few days before it leads to me. Thanks! I've noticed those buttons appearing but hadn't paid much attention until I decided to click yours!

    Also, if you would put the widget for subscribe by e-mail in your sidebar (from the design page), I would subscribe so I never miss a post. =) Found you through WIP.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!