Friday, February 19, 2016

Cable Hat and other Small Finishes

 I finished so many little things this week!! I was looking through my pictures and just amazed. So, I'll share them here along with a bit of what you have to look forward to soon from me.

I love this hat! This project is #15 on my Q1FAL list. It is the Traveling Cable hat pattern from Purl Soho. I've made this before in cream and I love it just as much in pink. I was thinking it would be for my daughter when I started but I was loving it more and more while I worked on it.

So, we decided to do a bit of a who wears it better thing. We agreed that we will have to share it because it's so fun on both of us.

I also got an order for a newborn fire hat. My customer is a firefighter and wanted the shield number on the baby hat to match theirs. So adorable! You can find this Fire Helmet listed in my shop.

With some leftover yarn I made another Boo Boo Bunny from the pattern by Blue Sky Alpacas. These are so adorable and the kids just love playing with them, even when they're not at all hurt.


In an effort to clean and beautify my craft space I made this little rope bowl to store my washi tape. I took a fifty foot rope and cut it in half to make two bowls. I convinced my hubby I needed more washi to fill my bowl too. Win win!

With the other half of the rope I made this little bowl for one of my swap partners. I really love how this one turned out!

I got a bit behind on my bee blocks and that was stressing me out a bit so I caught up this week. This was the block for January and I made it using my binding scraps that I tend to hoard. It would appear that I enjoy a jazzy binding. I knew that on some level but it is sure fun to see them all together.

February's queen asked for some AMH feathers. I used more binding scraps and just love how this one worked out. I had to use my seam ripper a few times, it seems this one is a bit tricky for me.

As a bit of a side note, we had a great Valentine's day on Sunday as well. I sure love all my adorable people!

Here's a bit of what you have to look forward to. I made a bunch of hexagons out of a Hello Darling mini charm pack. I'm going to turn them into a mini for myself.

I also cut out my triangles for my To The Point quilt (plus a few more) and have made the first row. It was crazy fast!

I'm also determined to tackle this shirt this weekend. I get nervous sewing clothes because I don't do it often. However, I love this shirt and the pattern seems straightforward enough.
That's me for the week with a bonus preview. Thanks for stopping by! For those of you at Quiltcon I hope you're having fun. I'll be sewing from home this year and joining in the fun with IG #quiltnon2016 For now I'm linking up with Finish It Up Friday.

5 comments:

  1. You've been busy - can't wait to see the tunic, it looks brilliant. What fabric have you used?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've been really busy! Great job on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you've been busy. I was inspired so I'm following you! Love the bunny. Your basket is so cool.
    Thanks for sharing. It was nice meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had another great week! I can't wait to see your finished tunic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute are you and your daughter modeling? Super finish! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.

    Love the fireman hat too! Adorable :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!