Wednesday, November 21, 2012

WiP Wednesday: Quilt and Stash

It's Wednesday again and I have so much progress to show for WiP Wednesday!  I'm linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced.  I am so excited with the progress on my mom's quilt.  It's going so fast now!  I also got some happy mail in the form of fabric I ordered for my birthday.  Thus the title of this post, quilt and stash!

I finally finished all the star blocks for the center of the quilt.  I was worried these were going to take me forever but they went pretty quickly in the end.  I love how they turned out and I get excited every time I look at those pristine corners.

Okay this picture is just so cool!  I've seen people take pictures of their quilts like this and the sun was perfectly coming into my window to try it.  I love how you can see the piecing detail of the center blocks.

I finished sewing the large center of the quilt together.  I'm in love!  Excuse the poor lighting in this one.  I seem to always have time to sew and take pictures after bedtime which of course means that it's crazy dark in my house.  You get the idea though.  There are two more borders that need to be added to make this queen size.  There is a pieced charm square and then another pinkish red solid one.  I am hoping it will fly together this week.

I got this Bella by Lotta Jansdotter fat quarter bundle with my birthday money.  It came in the mail yesterday and I was just so excited I couldn't wait to play with it.  Sadly it will probably be at least a month before I can even plan on what to do with it but in the mean time I will oogle it on my shelf!

Also in the mail came this fat quarter bundle of Pirate Matey's.  It is for my seven year-old's quilt.  I was going to do a bunch of five inch circles appliqued in rows to a white background but he has since changed his mind about what he wants for his quilt.  He better figure it out soon because once those borders go on my mom's quilt I'm getting going on this bad boy!

I also joined up with the Nancy Drew blog hop over at Sew We Quilt.  I seriously cannot wait for this one.  My love for all things Nancy Drew could be described as an obsession but I'm sure there are those worse than me.  I already have a plan in motion for this quilt and now I just have to wait for the fabric to be released at the end of this month.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you had a great sewing week too!

3 comments:

  1. oh!! I really love your stars! This is one of those quilts I see and think "whoa!" Because it's not my choice of color/fabric, but it's so darned gorgeous worked up. The things we miss when we limit ourselves to our top preferences! Good job. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that hanging-in-the-light photo - bet you appreciate your precision sewing!! You just have so much going on... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving your moms quilt! Great job on those points too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!