Wednesday, September 25, 2013

WiP Wednesday: On Top of It

I had a crazy productive week this week. I went to an all day sew-in and completed nearly five quilt tops and have the fabric cut for six more! I also placed a large fabric order for some more to make and the backings of several of them. These will be going into my Etsy shop once they're finished. I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced for WiP Wednesday.

The day before the sew-in I spent all my free time cutting out and organizing a bunch of quilts so I was ready to go. I even chose the layouts for them, which, for me, is the hard part. We did this a few months ago and I was fairly unprepared and only bound one quilt and crocheted a bit on a sweater the whole day.

This is the first quilt I finished. It was a simple patchwork just made of sewing charm squares together. It was so so fast! I have a crazy hard time with random so I was glad that I figured out the layout the day before and just had to sew. The fabric is Bear Country School for Moda.

This is the girl portion of the Celebration line for Moda. I love all these cute prints! I bought two charm packs of this one because half was girly prints and the other half was boy prints. Then I combined them and sewed the matching ones together.

Here's the boy one. They are so cute and perfect for little babies!

I also put together the quilt for my sister's baby. I adore how this one turned out. It's from Melissa at Happy Quilting's original quilt-a-long. The fabric is High Street by Lily Ashbury for Moda.

This one was the last I worked on and was nearly finished there. I just had the horizontal seams to work on. I finished it a few days later. I just love this fabric line and think it will make the perfect lap quilt. It's 2wenty Thr3e for Moda.

Here's all five I worked on together. This picture was crazy hard to take because I'd get them all laid out then a gust of wind would come and blow them folded over. Isn't that always how it works?

This is for my next quilt in the works. My SIL is a school teacher in Texas and asked for a book quilt to hang in her room. I found this awesome Read With Me quilt over at the Moda Bakeshop by Melissa from Happy Quilting and it just perfect! You may have noticed I'm all about her. I can't wait to get started and hope to have something to show for it next week.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! Really, what a productive week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, no kidding on the productivity! I need a week like that! All those quilts are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fantastic job. I love all of the tops, can't wait to see the quilts.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!