Tuesday, March 4, 2014

WiP Wednesday: Three Things

I used to be a monogamous quilter. Meaning I would only work on one quilt at a time from start to finish before I cut into or most of the time even purchased fabric for another quilt. Well, that has certainly changed. Right now I have the fabric for probably 20 quilt tops, three bags, and then there's my stash -- that shouldn't count, right? So now I decided a three thing limit is more reasonable, especially since I've been more involved in quilt alongs and such. You can't just only have one project going when you only have about one block a week, or less.

So, here are my three current things. One of which I hope to finish soon so I can start the next thing I'm all jazzed up about.

First up are the block sides for my Star Light Star Bright Quilt Along hosted by Melissa at Happy Quilting. These are going to be Halloween pillows and the more I see them come together the more I like them.

This is another Jelly Roll Jam quilt for my shop using the rest of the Spring House roll for Moda. For some odd reason these fabrics are really hard to photograph. I've tried different light and adjusting camera settings and they keep coming up as 80s in a bad way. They are actually quite pretty in person and not this in your face. The quilting is over halfway finished on this one and I hope to get it finished within the next day or two.

This fabric is Sweet Serenade for Moda. It's not my usual style but I'm loving this one. The muted colors are fun and mixing in the black was interesting. This is yet another project for my shop and will end up being the Line Dance quilt found over at Moda Bake Shop. I hope to finish this one later in the month and it is my March goal for ALYoF.
This has been a fun set of projects to be working on and they are all so different. Just this morning my friend offered to pay me to make a quilt for her upcoming granddaughter. I'm so excited to get on that. I think it will help me finish up that jelly roll quilt even faster! Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. You are certainly right. Many projects keep us going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those cute little owls in the sides. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip. I just followed your link to the Line Dance pattern, and think I shall be making it soon. It really looks like fun and quick to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to finish some WIP's to get my list down to a managebale level and 3 seeems to be a good number to aim for! I'm flitting around like a butterfly at the moment and it would be good to just get on with a finish! I love that you are making for Halloween in March!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll bet staying monogamous like that keeps you focused and keeps your sewing area clean. I am always working on at least 3 projects!
    I like the muted colors, I do. I know that I would never pick those fabrics out, but it looks so good together and I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was also project monogamous for quite a while. Now I have too dang many WIPs and I'm starting to get a little twitchy!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!