Wednesday, January 21, 2015

WiPing it Up

As always, I'm into a bit of everything this week. It's been crazy and fun around here. There are also a couple of other things that I've been working on that didn't even make this post. All of these things are stash projects, which makes me feel awesome! I'm doing so well at my Sew My Stash goals! There is also a challenge running this week to sew something for Valentine's day from our stash. You can find that project below.

Being the glutton for punishment that I am I also signed up for the Alison Glass Mini Swap over on Instagram and joined the Hazel Hedgehog QAL! Speaking of Instagram I'm really really into it lately. So much good inspiration all in one spot! You can find me there @julieschloemer.

When I finished my Fancy Fox top last week I wanted something quick and super easy to work on to cool down my brain. That fox quilt is awesome but it was a ton of work. I've had these blocks cut, sewn, and ready for nearly a year now and I took the time to throw them together. It was so quick, seriously less than an hour. When finished this will check off number three on my Q1FAL list.

I'm testing a pattern for Kitty who blogs over at Night Quilter. I'm loving this! I saw those tiny pieces at first and thought, "Oh no! What have I gotten myself into!" It's really not as hard as it looks and it works up great!

Here's a whole block done! The pattern is called Love Struck and should be available soon (maybe late this week or next). I'm taking four of these blocks and turning them into a large festive pillow for my couch.

Having tested one of each color I laid out an assembly line to finish off the rest. I made three more teal ones yesterday. I hope to get at least the pillow top finished so I qualify for the Sew My Stash Challenge.

I also got an order from my Shop! It's been so long since my last order I was seriously wondering if it was ever going to happen again. ;) These are two adult-size crab hats for a pair of awesome women going to a crab fest next month. Their story cracked me up. They are nearly done and I hope to ship them today and I'll share a completed picture later in the week.

Last but not least I've made some progress on my Lotus Pond quilt. I've been telling my hubby since the idea was formed on this one that my kids will not be using this quilt. The more I work on it the more that idea is solidified in my brain. I adore it and can't wait to keep piecing it together!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope to finish up a few of these soon and show them off later this week. For today, I'm linking up with WiP Wednesday.

8 comments:

  1. Wow!!! You are seriously BUSY! I'm amazed at how much you get done! The crab hats are hilarious, and I can't wait to see your Lotus Pond quilt in full. and of course your Love Struck pillow, but I'm a bit biased on that one ;). Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! I love those heart pointed arrows. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those arrow blocks and crab hat are aeriously cute! And I'm dying to see that Lotus Pond quilt! Very good week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We share the same taste apparently. I just bought the hedgehog pattern and I absolutely love the fox faces. I bought a variation on that one too! Love your color selections on both. You inspire me to try solids and dare myself to venture away from prints. Love struck arrows.. they make my heart skip a beat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your arrows are so adorable, perfect for valentines day www.crazyforpurple.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those arrow hearts! And the crab hats! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That's a lot accomplished this week! Those arrows are so beautiful, and I love the crab hats. What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The heart arrows are so cute! I also really like your zig zag quilt. Great color palette. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!