Friday, August 14, 2015

Paris 241 Tote and Spencer Quilt Finishes

I can't believe how fast Spencer was able to finish his quilt! He started last week and now it is done just a day before his tenth birthday. I also finished my project for my Paris swap which is on my Q3FAL list. We'll start with the swap...

This finish marks off #3 on my Q3FAL list. I had NO idea what to make for my partner for this swap. She didn't post a mosaic for a while and I found this super cute print and grabbed it hoping that when she came up with something it would work. I had a few backups just in case. It's not a perfect match to what she posted but I think it captures the vibe, I hope. I don't know that I've ever been this nervous for a swap before.

I'm really happy with how the 241 Tote came out and the fabric pairings. My kids helped me pick this out. I especially love the Swiss dots in the lining. I really hope she likes it.

Now this I know I love. He started this quilt last Thursday and is already finished. I did the quilting and the binding but he pieced the front and the back himself.

Spencer also picked out the layout. It's got pretty great balance while keeping the prints he liked spread out.

Like Miya, Spencer ran his photo shoot even deciding to take pictures in the front instead of in the back with the grass. I think it works well with the prints and style of this quilt. I love seeing the creative side of my kids!

Here he is pointing to his favorite print and colorway. This is Doe by Carolyn Friendlander. We like the architecture vibe of this print.

Finally the tag. You can also see the quilting and the binding here. Spencer chose both. He wanted straight lines to continue with the feel of the quilt and we decided about 1 1/4" apart was good spacing. The binding he calls it the "trees print." I can totally see it.
Well, that's it from us this week. I love that I've started to share this blog with my awesome kids' creations. We'll see what we come up with next week! Until then, I'm linking up with TGIFF and Finish It Up Friday.

5 comments:

  1. Your kids are great, and that means they have a very great mom. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome quilt, I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE! Spencer did a fabulous job with his quilt. I love to see kids get into the mix. Great idea to get him to plan the photo shoot. I'll do that with my kids next time too. Great job, Spencer! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Spencer ! The layout is well balanced. I am a fan of Carolyn Friedlander's fabrics too ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tote - that print is gorgeous and I'm sure your partner will love it. So great that you've got your kids quilting - I agree that your son has done a great job of balancing this quilt. Great stuff all round!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!