Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pinterest Challenge

Pinterest Challenge

While hopping around my favorite blogs I was led to a post by Bryanne and Michelle from Michelle Patterns where they are having a Pinterest challenge.  Basically Bryanne is a Pinterest junky (aren't we all these days) but realized she never makes anything she pins (again, I feel you there) so she decided to have a challenge with a fabric giveaway (!!!) for people who created something they pinned and then posted about it.  It has to be fabric related but it can be something you made before the challenge.  I was torn.

I have a quilt going to be quilted tomorrow but I don't know if I'll have time to finish it before the challenge was up so... I happen to be leaning on something fabric I found on Pinterest and Voila!  A challenge post was born...


Meet my Cartwheel quilt.  LOVE!  Here's the pin link which leads to the tutorial at Moda Bake Shop by Amanda Jean from Crazy Mom Quilts.  Man that's a lot of linking ;)  When I saw the original quilt I knew I had to have it.  I was looking for a new snuggle quilt for the couch.  Ours was getting a little tired after eight years of continuous use.  I'd also been crushing on 30's Playtime by Chloe's Closet for Moda.  I blended the two together and perfection!

For more pictures and the original post follow this link.

2 comments:

  1. Saw your post on the Pinterest Challenge so I came over for a peek - sweet quilt! Isn't it something how many projects we pin, but never get around to? I'm glad that the challenge is giving us a kick in the butt to get going, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Quilt! Love the Moda tutorials! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!