Saturday, February 4, 2012

Cartwheel Quilt for ME!

 I very rarely make things for myself.  I don't know why but out of the 34 quilts I've made so far only two have been for me.  The other one has been claimed by my oldest daughter.  For Christmas my husband gave me money to buy fabric and I snatched up a Jelly Roll of 30's playtime.  It took me a while to decide what to do with it but then I found the cartwheels pattern and knew it was the one for me.  I tried a new thing on the binding.  I usually hand sew it on but I decided to machine bind it and I used a zigzag stitch.  I don't know how I feel about it.  I don't think it adds anything to the quilt but I don't think it detracts either.  It was much faster doing by machine so maybe I'll have to keep playing around with different ways to bind until I find one I love.

For more on this quilt see past posts My First WIP Wednesday and WIP Wednesday: Savoring

2/3 - I finished the quilt for me!! I love it and am so glad it turned out well. This is the back. I have never tried a pieced backing before and I think it turned out great.

2/3 - Here's the front of the quilt over a chair. The fabric so fun and I love the randomness of it all.

Here it is all laid out so you can see the whole top.

2/3 - I love this angle! It's just so fun and you can see the piecing and the quilting that my friend Leila did.

2/3 - It's twin size which is big enough for four little Schloemers to snuggle under.  Maybe this one isn't for me either.


1 comment:

  1. this is so gorgeous!! i love the fabrics you used and the pattern bring the whole thing to life.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!