Sunday, March 3, 2013

Starburst Quilt-a-Long Top Finish

 After nearly two days of intensive work I finished the top for my Starburst Quilt-A-Long hosted by the fabulous Melissa of Happy Quilting.  I love it as much as I thought I would!!  It went together super fast especially considering I only had the various components Friday night (like the flying geese and half-square triangles).  I'm having a hard time picking a favorite block.  The fabric is Bella by Lotta Jansdotter.  The quit is 95" square with 40" blocks.  It will be living on my bed when it is finished and will be the first quilt I've made for my bed, it's about time I got to me.

Here's the yellow version.  It's so bright and cheery!

The orange block.  I am not a huge fan of orange but I just love this one!

The teal, much like the orange with a different gray fabric.  I love the bird in the tree.  I wanted this print for the back but my favorite online fabric shop The Intrepid Thread didn't have enough.  She had a great substitute though which I'll show off after it's quilted.

This color of blue is my favorite color ever.  So of course this block is the best one.  I love the flower print!

It was super cold and quite windy while I was taking this picture but the wind managed to press it against the garage and I finally got off a decent shot.  I'll take more after it's quilted but I'm so excited I finished the top!!

I'm glad my hurt finger held out long enough for me to finish up the quilt!  I kept banging it and oh man the pain!  Otherwise it wasn't too bad as sewing really doesn't use your middle finger too much.  Now to rest a bit and let it heal some more.

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I can't wait to see it finished

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is absolutely stunning!! What a beautiful finish!! I love the navy blue one too :) It just pop!! Great job Julie and best of wishes on a fast healing finger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job - I really love it! Glad you made something for yourself! Hope your r feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!