Wednesday, January 15, 2014

WiP Wednesday: Pattern Testing and Flexibility

If I've learned nothing else sewing it's that you need to be precise yet flexible. So many times I've had a project in mind or a specific use for certain fabrics and then something happens to change everything. Either different inspiration strikes, I cut it wrong, I fall out of love with the pattern or something else entirely. I'm feeling that this week...

This fabric was intended for comfy pants for my son. I bought a remnant and did the math and there was going to be just enough. Well, I didn't plan for there to be 4.5" of salvage (!!!) in the 60" width. Seriously? So I was just about 2" short for making the pants. However, it was the perfect amount for a pillow case. The really sad part was this was one of my project for the first quarter finish along. I may just have to get more so I can make them and get that off my list.

Next on my to do list is some pattern testing for my friend. I am so excited about her new project and love that she asked me to test for her. She picked the fabrics, aren't they lovely?!

After that I think I'll tackle this bit of fabric and turn it into the Jelly Roll Jam pattern.
Thanks for stopping by for my late Wednesday post. Yet another thing that I just have to roll with this week. I'm linking up over at Freshly Pieced. Be sure to come back on Friday as I will be hosting TGIFF this week! I have some great finishes to share.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you have your work cut out for you:) Enjoy the process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pile of fabric you have there. Have fun testing! :-). I have a finish to share this week. Yay! I'll see you on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote you can still call it a finish for the FAL. It might not be what you intended, but you did finish the fabric you had pulled... :-)
    Although I kinda want to see some cute PJ pants, too.
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fabric for the PJ pants would keep me up all night, bright as it is. However, my son would love them in that colour too. :-) Those fabrics for the pattern testing are great! Just up my alley. Looking for to seeing all sorts of finishes on Friday. :-)

    http://www.busyneedle.ch

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!