Wednesday, June 18, 2014

WiP Wednesday: Ready To Quilt

I had a great week. I finished off my scrappy I-Spy quilt (see it here) and prepped three quilts for quilting. I did some fun shopping online and received my Supernova Friendship swap block. It's been a fun week and I'm excited to get quilting.

My sweet hubby took the kids to swimming lessons so I had over an hour to myself. I used it wisely! I spray basted these three quilts and got them ready for quilting. It was so fast that I also got some laundry and dishes in. Have I mentioned how much I love spray basting?

I got some really fun mail this week, some prints and precuts from April Showers by Bonnie and Camille and a fun charm pack of Serenade by Kate Spain. However, my favorite bit of mail was this bunch of Aurifil! The Fat Quarter Shop was having an amazing sale and I got these at just over $6 a spool, for the big ones! I tried Aurifil once, on someone else's machine, and can't wait to see how fabulous it is on mine.

Last but not least the fun blocks of the Supernova Friendship Swap. They are so cute together! This quilt is going to be so fun!
Thanks for stopping by! I'm linking up with WiP Wednesday.

6 comments:

  1. Great use of your hour! 3 quilts basted?!? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow three quilts in an hour, plus housework....you rock!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is it that when I have a free hour I find myself mainly using my seam ripper and not getting anything accomplished?! Yay for you and wrapping up some sweet quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is one productive hour! You'll have 3 finishes in no time. Love the blocks together. :-). I got mine today... So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a question about spray basting. I, too, am a spray baster. I have used the Original Quilting Spray (pink can) for the last couple of years. I've tried the 505 everyone raves about but it didn't stick for me. On my last two quilts (lap size), the spray basting is not sticking. What brand do you use and do you find that some manufacturers of fabric just don't "hold" as well as others? Just looking for a solution. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post.. Love your quilts, they are so cute and the colours are lovely. Time well spent.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!