Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Boo Boo Bunny and a WiP Update

This year I'm trying not to work on too much at once. I find it helps my productivity if I'm more monogamous in my quilting and knitting. I have several projects waiting in the wings with some level of completion but I try to focus my time and energy on one at a time. Thus far in the year I've finished up four projects, one of which I'll show you today. I'm already marking things off my Q1 FAL list! I also have a few WiPs to show you and another finish to share later in the week.

First, the finish. This is a Boo Boo Bunny, pattern by Blue Sky Alpacas. This is #14 on my Q1 FAL list. It's a small project but it took me out of my comfort zone with knitting. I haven't really ventured into shaping much and picking up stitches for the back flap was new. I'm so happy with how it turned out! Bonus, I have an extra ice pack so I can make another one!

I also started #15 on my list this week. Then picked it out and started it again. I'd made the pattern I was using before and it really didn't come out well - much too big. So, instead of trying to mess with gauge I just switched to this pattern that I have also make before which fits like a dream. This is the Traveling Cable Hat by Purl Soho. I'm around halfway through it and it is going so well!

I also made all the HST for my I Heart You quilt. Now I have to trim them. With good music on or a fun show in the background this is actually one of my favorite things. It's a good thing too because there are 232 of these to trim.

I also finished these blocks up this week. I'm doing a block exchange with 18 women from my church. There are my 18 blocks. This is a 12.5" Raspberry Kisses block. The math was done for me by the fabulous Vojen on IG.

I also made time to finish up my Thimble Blossoms Sampler with Cotton and Steel fabric. I'll show this one off later this week.
Thanks for stopping by! That's it for me this week. I hope to make more progress on that cable hat and finish trimming those blocks soon. I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work! I really like the pink yarn you are using for the new hat. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little bunny is so cute and good for you for the finish! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!