Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Star Surround Top

With a crazy burst of time and energy on my hubby's last day off I finished my Star Surround quilt top. This was part of a quilt-a-long by Melissa from Happy Quilting.

This was a far as I was hoping to get today. I finished all nine blocks this morning. The baby, about 1.5 months old, was being so good that I kept going.

I finished the whole top today! You can see the pieces I had in this post written this morning. I love how it turned out! My dead, dying grass looks great with the colors on this quilt too. ;)

This is just a cool angle of it. The fabric, which I love, is from Basic Gray's PB&J for Moda.

The secondary pattern it makes is pretty sweet too. I just love everything about this one!
Cheers to Melissa at Happy Quilting for writing up another fabulous quilt-a-long! I am waffling on what to do quilting wise so this may sit for a few weeks while I figure it out. I'm thinking straight-ish lines or an allover pattern.

I'm linking up with Finish it Up Friday over at Crazy Mom Quilts.

12 comments:

  1. Oh my! I love this, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is just stunning. What a beautiful finish. I am so glad baby was so good for you so you could get it all done. It is absolutely spectacular. I love these fabrics as well, that is such a great line. And I agree, the secondary patterns is on of my favorite parts of this design :) Great job getting it all finished, it is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Julie - it's gorgeous! I love everything about it. :-). I haven't decided how to quilt mine either, so it's probably going to have to wait a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I think it needs some Green Fairy Quilts type quilting. I keep coming back and looking at it and asking, "What would Judi do?" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this quilt top is gorgeous. I love how the floral fabric you chose for the outside block pieces adds an extra dimension to the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Star Surround quilt....love it! Thanks for sharing stopping by from Crazy Mom Quilts

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love star blocks and these are beautiful. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That is really gorgeous. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic finish Julie!! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!