Friday, May 8, 2015

Big Week of Finishes

I finished several fun things this week and I'm so excited about them. Some of the fabrics are not my usual taste but they are perfect for the people I made them for. I finished two pillows for my Mom for Mother's Day. A table/bed runner for my Mother-in-law. A pincushion for myself and another for a swap partner. All of the fabric, batting, and thread for all of these projects came from my stash. Feeling pretty awesome about using what I have lately. I'll start with the pillows since they were on my Q2FAL list.

Here are the finished pillows for my mother. These are #4 on my Q2FAL list. I'm so excited to have these finished and sent off to her. One of the pillows is flipped so you can see the back fabric too.

Here are both the fronts. I love the texture from the quilting on these. I made her this quilt for her bed back in 2012 and sent her the extra fabric to play with. Recently she mailed it back to me to make her extra things with it like pillows. I can't wait to see what they look like on her bed.

I love the pop of color with the red binding and how I had the perfect thread to do my usual zigzag camouflage binding.

This is what I made for my Mother-in-law. She loves deep red, green, and cream. They also own some land in Wyoming so I thought the farm theme would be fun for them. This is the Silo Barn Table Runner from the Farm Girl Vintage book.

The fabric is not my usual go to - probably why it has been in my stash for 4+ years. I do love the pattern though and sheep are one of my favorites.

Also a big accomplishment this week I cleaned up my crafting space. Check out all that desktop showing! I have since moved my iron away from the back of the couch and put it up against the wall under the window just to the right.

So I've been in love with the Farm Girl Vintage book and have already made another project from it! The apron strings block was the assignment for #farmgirlfridays and I whipped up this little one with my current favorite fabric.

Then I made it into a pincushion! LOVE! I cannot tell you how much I wanted this to happen for years now. Not this pattern, since it's new, but I've been rocking one of those tomato pincushions for about 11 years now and have been over it for a while.

I'm also in a pincushion swap started on Instagram. This is my offering for my partner. I'm pretty in love with it. Check out the awesome wheels that look like tire tread! They are metallic silver too. Pretty fun. The pattern, which I changed a tad, can be found here.
Thanks for stopping by and hurray for super productive weeks! My hubby has been working afternoons so I get to be all crafty in the mornings now too. It's sure helped get the Mother's day projects finished and shipped off. I'm linking up with TGIFF and Finish It Up Friday.

5 comments:

  1. Holy cow, you've been busy! That trailer pincushion is awesome! Beautiful work all around, Julie. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the pattern for the table runner. That sheep is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your lotus pond pin cushion, just used that fabric to make a baby quilt. So happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pillows and the straight quilting makes them pop. Sure Mom will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cushions!

    *Visiting as a member of the official 2015 Finish-Along cheer-leading squad*

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!