Friday, January 6, 2012

Sock Monkey Hat and Crossover Booties

 It was love at first sight when I found this Sock Monkey Hat Pattern.  I just knew I had to make it. My sister just had a baby on Jan. 3rd so little Emily was the perfect excuse to make this hat.  Up this this point I'd never made a hat before so I was a little worried but I figured since I can rock the amigurumi with the dragons and such I can totally to this.  I was right.  The pattern was so well written.  There were pictures and it was so easy!  All told it took me a few hours to make while watching Netflix.

Seriously, could this be any more cute?

What baby gift would be complete without booties?  I'd never tried booties either but I found this Simple Crossover booties pattern and thought I'd give it a try.  The pattern says beginner and it was super fast and the easiest crochet thing I've ever made. 

Here's the hat and booties together.  Don't they just make you want to find the nearest newborn and accessorize?

Since I don't have a newborn of my own right now I had to substitute "big baby" (that's what Amelia calls her, none of her babies have names). Amelia - my nearly three year-old - loved that her baby got a photo shoot and was teeling her to smile and look cute! I loved it. When my sister gets the package I will have to have her take pictures with a real baby.

1 comment:

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!