Wednesday, December 12, 2012

WiP Wednesday: Quilt and Crochet Christmas!

 It's Wednesday again and I have a lot to share this week! I finished my Mom's quilt and got it shipped off for Christmas.  I also got through almost all of the crochet projects for my sister's family for Christmas.  I hope to get though the last one of those today and then get them shipped off. I'm doing well with my works in progress and linking up to WiP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced.

First, the finish...

This is a closeup my mom's finish.  I just love how it turned out!  To see more pictures and to read all about it see the finish post here.  This is number 44 in the lineup of quilt's I've made.

I was so close to finishing the cowl scarf for my sister when I ran out of yarn!!  I was so bummed.  The thought of packing up all four kids to get more really didn't appeal to me but the idea of unpicking the whole thing appealed even less.  Thus, we all went off to Joann's to get some more yarn.  Well, they were sold out of this color (!!!) good thing I had to go to Target too or the whole trip would have been a waste.
 
Since I had to unpick it anyway I let the little ones help.  They had so much fun with this!  They'd grab a piece and pull with all their little might it was pretty fun for everyone.  Although I didn't relish the redo.

Here's the finish for the scarf.  You can wear it many many different ways.  The pattern can be found here.

This one is for my nephew.  I was planning on making him a batman hat that I saw on Pinterest but sadly it was just a picture with no pattern and I'm not cool enough to be able to figure that out on my own.  I think batman inspired waves are cool too!  This pattern found here.

I made his Dad the same hat with a different colorway and a little bigger.  I love how this one turned out too but I'm worried it may be a little small.  It fits my hubby but it's a little snug.

I made this Hello Kitty inspired hat for my little niece.  I really like how it turned out especially since I didn't have any sort of pattern to work with.  We love Kitty in my house and I just picked up one of our many kitties and looked at it while I worked.  Now the important question is, does it need a face? I think it would look great either way but I wonder if a bit more work would make it look even better.

My other niece is getting this fabulous hat with a twisty pattern, which can be found here.  I'm excited about how this one is turning out and I hope to get it finished and all of them mailed off today.
Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a great week!

2 comments:

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!