Monday, July 15, 2013

Pirate Marbles Quilt Finish

I am so happy with this finish! I promised my little man that I would finish his quilt before the baby comes which will (hopefully) happen on Wednesday. I eeked it out just in time! Thankfully he's a minimalist when it comes to quilts and requested that I not cover his pirate fabric with a bunch of thread. Without further ado here are some picture for your viewing pleasure. I'm linking up with Finish it Up Friday over at Crazy Mom Quilts were there is always a lot of fun to be seen.

Our elementary school has this pretty nifty wood playground that went rather well with my quilt and was nice to help display. I had some fun getting pictures and my hubby's arms weren't nearly as tired as they usually are. The quilt pattern is Marbles from the book Simply Fat Quarters from the Fat Quarter Shop. I love it! It was fun to make and pretty straightforward. The fabric is Pirate Matey's for Riley Blake.

I had to get the pirate quilt with the ship on the playground and for good measure I had my son jump in. He is so excited about this quilt! He keeps saying how he can't wait for bedtime so he can try it out.

I love the backing fabric! I went with the big islands from this line and just love how cool it looks! You can see a bit of what little quilting there is. Like I said, he doesn't like a whole lot so I did a straight line on either side of each of the rows. It worked out to be only ten lines and took me about 1.5 hours to do. Can't beat that when you're on a deadline!

Here's a fun artsy picture so you can see the back, binding, and a bit of the front all together. I bought all the fabric online and that always makes me a bit nervous because I can't hold them next to each other but I love how well they work.
Hurray for another great finish and thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. what a beautiful job! I bet your son is thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's brilliant Julie! The backing fabric is great! Gotta love minimal quilting! I bet he'll sleep soundly under there! Hope everything's going well today! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous boys quilt. Got to love pirates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Avast me hearties, that is an Amazing quilt. Congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect! I love the backing fabric, and only spending an hour and a half quilting!... that's my kind of project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous quilt.........loving the backing fabric. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How very very cool! Looks awesome! All the best for the new arrival.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!