Friday, November 8, 2013

Finish: Pillows

Some months ago I found this pillow on Pinterest and knew I had to recreate it. So I added it to my board already several hundred strong. Enter my first guild exchange project. I wanted a pillow, something fun and different. I rediscovered this pin and hopped on down to my LQS.

When you last saw this on Wednesday I had just begun trimming. I finished that up yesterday morning. It created 216 HST units and quite a lot of trimmings.

I finished up the blocks this morning. I love how they look!
They look even more interesting all sewn together. There are nine blocks per pillow.

Putting them together was a breeze after that. I even quilted them in variegated thread and added a zipper.

I hope they go over well in the exchange and I can't wait to see what everyone else has come up with. I'm linking up with Finish It Up Friday.

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous....just love the 3D effect of the block. Congratulations on your finish. thanks for sharing. Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pattern too. And I really love your colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These are amazing! I don't think I have the patience for all those itty bitty triangles, but it was so worth it! And your colours really pop!!
    Great finish!
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing, Julie, love your cushions and now I have a block for my Quilts of Valour quilt I have been searching for for ages! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Job, Jim loves the patterns and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really impressed by this pattern and your pillows. I am bookmarking this post!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pillows are great!! I would to try these out, can you tell me what size the triangles were cut at? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!