I finished my Wedding Flower quilt and I'm totally in love with it!! It was crazy fast too. I started cutting it out on Nov. 11th and finished the binding on Nov. 26th. I'm entering this quilt in the modern category of the DWR Challenge arranged by the NYC Metro Mod Quilters.
I had so much fun with this one! Each of my girls has laid a claim on it and it will be hard to decide who gets to use it first! I'm linking up with TGIFF! Thanks for stopping by!
|Here you can see a closeup of the quilting and the piecing. The quilting was done with Sulky variegated thread with a meander in the center of the flowers and echo quilting on the outside. It took me nearly 16 bobbins and about 1,000 meters of thread. The piecing was so easy! I used the EZ Double Wedding Ring templates and I just adore them!! They made the whole process so fun, quick, and easy!! I have previously made a traditional double wedding ring quilt and I had to hand trace and hand cut each of the over 1,400 pieces. The templates were a dream and I can't wait to use them again!!|
|I love how the binding is a pop of contrasting color. The teal here perfectly blends with those I used in the quilt. It's so fun and cheery!|
|The quilt finished up at twin size... roughly 68" x 82"|