Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Quilt Shop Recap, Crochet, and Knitting

I took Miya to her first ever quilt show. She had a blast! So many people were taken with her she said, "It feels like I'm famous!" She got a lot of free things including a Olfa rotary cutter pin. We took a lot of fun pictures but I narrowed it down to my favorites. I also had fun working up crochet orders for my shop and I picked up a new skill! But first, a winner from Friday's fish pillow giveaway.
I figured out how to save the image! The winner was #15. Who turned out to be...

Congrats Leanne! I've emailed you and Kitty will send you the pattern soon.

Now on to the show! It was the AQS Des Moines Quilt Show...

Here we are looking so cute at the entrance!

I was quite taken with many quilts but there were too many to post. However, what captured my interest the most this time was fancy quilting. I can't seem to get enough lately and could stand and follow lines forever. This Anchor quilt has some of my favorite.

Here's another that impressed me. I actually know the women who made this one. Doris - who pieced it - is in my guild and Trina (the quilter) came for a visit to talk to us about quilting. I'm currently saving up my pennies to have her quilt one of mine that I've been saving.

Miya really loved this one. Connie from my MQG made this one and Miya like the cool shape it made. She was doing a cute little dance in front of the quilt that I had to capture.

We walked by this machine and Miya just had to try it. She sat down and took right to it. It was her first ever attempt on a long arm...

Check it out! She made a horse! I love it! She has no fear or limits when it comes to free motion quilting and I could totally learn from her.

She then found the Sweet Sixteen and took right to that one too. She said it was a little harder without something to hold on to but quickly got the hang of it. She declared, much to the delight of the salespeople, that we needed one of these at home.

She went with a unicorn on this one. I love it! They even let is take home the sample fabric so she wants to make a tiny pillow with the unicorn for her stuffed unicorn at home.

Now onto what I've been working on. There isn't much this week...

I cut up all the fabric for my little man's Fancy Fox quilt. It is going to be all in orange foxes. I finished two which I turned into hot pads and will share later this week.

I got a custom order in my shop for a dalmatian dog hat. I'm pretty over the moon with how it turned out. I found the pattern here.

Halloween orders are in full swing. There's still time if you'd like to pick one up check out the choices in my shop. The Crab Hat continues to be my most popular. I've even made several adult sizes which cracks me up.

Finally, look what I picked up this week!! I'm so excited. I've always wanted to learn to knit. I've tried it a couple of times in the past but it was a fail every time. This time I took a class from my favorite new shop Stitch. They sell fabric, yarn, and embroidery things. This is my progress after one class. I'm in love!
Well, that's me this week. You can check back in on Friday for come cute finishes I have to share. Thanks for stopping by! I'm linking up with WiP Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. Miya is just adorable. Don't you just love the fearless attitude toward learning new things. It's almost like we grow up and forget that learning something new is a process and should be fun! That hats are seriously cute! Great job on the crochet AND the awesome knitting! Yay for learning something new! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!