Friday, November 28, 2014

Mini and Two in One Pouch Finishes

I'm so excited to have my mini all finished up for my Instagram mini swap. It pushed me to try new things and I just love how it turned out! The mini is #7 on my Q4FAL list. I'm linking up with TGIFF and Finish It Up Friday.

Here it is in all its glory. The pattern is from Vintage Quilt Revival. I was a little nervous about the colors at one point thinking maybe it was a little too 80's track suit but I think it turned out well.

The quilting was so fun!! I did a sort of straight line spiral thing in the diamonds and squares. I think it adds fun texture. You can also sort of see my binding method. Most people were hand stitching them and I just can't make that happen. It actually looks better when I machine stitch mine so I stuck with it.

This is just for the cool texture shot. I really like the quilting on this one and I may have to do something like that again. I was going to do more quilting but the people all polled all agreed that it was better like this.

I wanted to throw in an extra little something in her package. A zipper pouch seemed like just the thing but I didn't know which one until Svetlana from S.O.T.A.K. Handmade came out with her Two in One Pouch.

Aren't they adorable?! I did a little patchwork with some leftover Scrumptious by Bonnie and Camille.

One more shot just because I love them so. I have one more cut out and ready to sew but then we had the holiday and I didn't get to it. I highly recommend the pattern. There are a lot of pictures and good explanations. You can get it here.

As a side note I got to the part with the double pointed needles on my hat. This is my first time ever attempting them and I was a bit afraid of it. Now, a few rows in, I've totally got this! I'm ready for my next challenge - any suggestions?
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. visiting from crazy mum quilts. Love your pouches. I was lucky to be a tester for the pattern

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mini and your quilting is great and love the two in one pouches!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great mini and love the pouches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects! The colors you selected for the mini work beautifully! And I agree about that pouch pattern, love it! The patchwork in yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice mini! And thank you for the link to the pattern for the pouch... I might have to check that one out!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!