Friday, December 19, 2014

Finished Supernova and Stocking

I'm on fire this week! I finished two projects that have been on my list for so long! The quilt was part of the Supernova Friendship Swap that ran earlier this year over a period of five months. It hasn't been on my list for terribly long but I've been wanting it done since the first block because I'm so in love with it! The Supernova quilt is also #6 on my 2014Q4FAL list. The other project is a stocking for my baby which I bought two years ago after I found out I was pregnant with a girl.

First up, the quilt. LOVE!! Izzy from Dizzy Quilts made five of these blocks and I made the other seven. We each ended up with ten blocks and I was going to make a 3 x 3 quilt and a pillow but then I figured if I just made two more blocks it could be twin size. So I whipped them up real fast and I'm glad I did!

Here's a fun artsy picture. I quilted 1/4" in on all the stars. I love the look of it.

I added a cool tag this time too. I just found some yardage that has a bunch of tags on it and you cut them out and sew them on. It's such a fun look and a personal touch.

Here's the completed stocking. You have no idea the relief of having this off my list!! Too bad I didn't poke it on my 2014Q4FAL list. Oh well, it's done and I love it!

Here it is with all our other stockings. Finally ALL the stockings are hung.

I made all of these except the Julie one. That is from my childhood. I love how they look and that they continue on the tradition of having felt handmade stockings that my mother started.
Those are my finishes this week. I can't believe I finished that stocking. It wasn't even close when I posted about it on Wednesday. Next week I'll share my Christmas sewing projects and they won't be a secret any more! I'm linking up with my favorite places... TGIFF, Finish It Up Friday, and Fabric Frenzy Friday.

10 comments:

  1. Love the quilt! So bright, bold and cheery! And of course...adorable stocking! It always feels great to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt! The colors are perfect. Hopping over from Finish it up Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that quilt tag! I'd love to know how you stitched it to your quilt. Your supernova came out wonderfully. Your family stockings are such a marvelous tradition, it must be great to know you're carying on that tradition!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt. Well done both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eep -- your Supernova is awesome! This may sound odd, but I really like that you used a solid white as a background. Maybe I've just seen a bunch of Supernovas with scrappy backgrounds ... the white here makes the design crisper and the shapes pop. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Supernova quilt ended up simply gorgeous Julie! I haven't been able to find the time to finish mine yet, but it's on top of the list for 2015! And the stockings are adorable, what a beautiful tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Supernova quilt is great! And the stocking is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the quilt! And what fun stockings!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quilt is totally gorgeous and the stockings are AMAZING! Great work all round I say! Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here from the FAL linkup - your supernova is gorgeous! I really wish now that I'd made mine with 12 blocks instead of 9 so it was a more useful size. Good call! I love your family stockings too. I still have mine from childhood and I love it even though it's falling apart.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!