Friday, August 7, 2015

TB Mini and Miya Quilt Finishes

Miya and I both have something fun to share this week! I finished my Thimble Blossoms mini quilt for the swap I'm in. I also helped Miya finish up her first quilt! It's been a great week. We'll start with mine and then give you a fun picture overload of Miya.

Here's the swap package I mailed out. This is #6 on my Q3FAL list. There is a little pad of paper in the green dots bag. The little zipper pouch has some washi tape, wonder clips, and my favorite chap stick.

I love how this picture shows off the quilting. I went in the ditch around the pieces then filled with pebbles. I adore pebbles! They are so fun and much easier for me that other kinds of free motion quilting.

I also sent a little pouch. I made this with the trimmings of my flying geese for the top. It's small, about five inches square, but great for holding things like wonder clips.

Now on to Miya with her finish! We're so excited that we managed to get this quilt done before her ninth birthday later this month. I love so many things about it! She did all the cutting (except for the big strip down the middle) all the pressing, and all the piecing. I quilted it and bound it.

I even had the perfect tag on hand for this quilt! Miya wrote her name but had me do everything else. The pattern is Daydreams from the book Sunday Morning Quilts. As I was looking up the name of the pattern I noticed we forgot the very outer border. Oops. Oh well, the quilt was already finished at that point and plenty large. You can see the quilting the best in this one. I did a stipple pattern in Miya's choice of variegated thread.

Miya directed the photo shoot for her quilt and I love all the different things she came up with. Here she was showing me how it's plenty big and she has room to grow.

This was her fun way of showing off the backing. It is a print from Color Theory by V. and Co. for Moda that she picked herself. We recently got to spend the afternoon playing with Vanessa and Miya is more in love with her stuff than ever now.

This one just makes me laugh. She went crazy far from me, plopped it on her head, and then had me take a picture. It was supposed the be the amazing floating quilt but you can still see most of her body. :)

We're all pretty excited that this one is finished and ready for use. After she slept with it the first night she said it was the best quilt ever!
Thanks for stopping by! We sure had a fun week. I've started teaching my eldest how to quilt too and it's going well! I also am finishing up a few things that will be fun to share next week. For now I'm linking up with TGIFF and Finish It Up Friday.

7 comments:

  1. Mya looks so happy with her quilt. You guys did a great job together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that last photo! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great job both of you!!! Miya has done a tremendous job on both the quilt modelling and the sewing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That''s a very happy little girl! Great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miya is so adorable! Great photos and the quilt is so beautiful! Great job ladies! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to Miya and congratulations to you! I love her finished quilt and photo shoot. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic. Your mini is beautiful but I'm afraid your daughter has stolen the show with her gorgeous quilt and her fun photo shoot. So awesome to see how you let your kids' creativity and initiative shine.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!