Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Hazel Hedgehog Quilt Finish

So excited about this finish! It is #1 on my Q3 FAL list as well as my ALYoF Goal for September. It feels good crossing things off both lists! Also, it is freaking adorable and my daughter is in heaven finally having it completed.

Here it is! I did the twin size of the Hazel Hedgehog pattern which worked out to be 42 different hedgehogs. We decided together (my daughter and I) to do it all in Cotton and Steel basics with Kona solids for the bodies and background.

Miya had fun picking all her favorite colors and prints for the spines. You can see the quilting pretty well in this shot too. I was going for a kind of spiky meander. Some bits are more spiky than others but I love it anyway. It adds fun texture.

Here's just a fun picture of it flopped over the fence. It was a fun angle I haven't tried before.

I thought these Navy triangles from Color Theory by V. and Co. for Moda was perfect for this quilt! They remind me of the spikes. You can also see my customary tag from yardage by Sweetwater for Moda. It's fun to personalize them like this.

One more just because I love this angle on quilts.
That's it for now. I have a few projects I'm also working on but I needed to get this one done for the ALYoF and Q3FAL linkups. Thanks for stopping by! I'm also linking up with TGIFF and Finish It Up Friday.

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous on all levels: fabric selection, quilt design and beautiful young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so in love with this quilt! I totally want one! Great work - the spiky meander is ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Hazel the Hedgehog pattern and it's on my to do list. Your daughter looks thrilled with the finished result - and rightly so! What a fabulous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous quilt. Love all the colors. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a happy quilt. I just love it. You (and your daughter) did a great job with the fabric selection to keep it playful but not too busy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness it's adorable! What patience you have to make this quilt. I don't think I could do it. Great job and I love your bright color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hazel is just perfect! This quilt is so adorable - the colours, the quilting, everything! I love, love, love this! Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It *is* adorable!! Very successful quilt - perfect backing, too. I love this a LOT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo - this is super cute, I love the colours and the spiky meander quilting. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how that turned out - looks fantastic! Your spikey quilting is perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!