Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Q4 FAL and ALYoF Goal Post

 So, you should think of this more as a wishlist to finish and not a list that I intend to complete all of. As always I have many things on my list. I know I will finish at least half because they have very specific deadlines, however I hope to finish more if possible. When looking at the list I thought, "Ain't nobody got time for that!" Here goes my 2015 Q4 Finish Along list...

#1 - Halloween Quilt - I would LOVE to have this finished by the end of the month. Thus, it is the perfect project for October ALYoF. It's one of the only things I have to work on right now so it will most likely happen. I have finished the small blocks with borders and need to do the 16-patch blocks and finish it up.

#2 Halloween Pillow - Like the quilt I'd love to have this one done. I made this block many years ago as part of a Halloween themed blog hop. It was fun but now it is beyond time for it to become something.

#3 Amelia Quilt - Technically this is my daughter's project. However, she is six and can't quilt or bind it on her own and it is nearly to that stage. Since I have to finish it up for her I'm totally putting it on my list.

#4 Ruby Flower Quilt - This one keeps getting pushed off and my poor baby just needs a new quilt. Her baby quilt doesn't cover her body any more. This needs to happen soon. I have everything but the background fabric and I can start whipping it up.

#5 Australia Pouch - I'm in a swap where we got to pick our favorite places and people made you something based on that. It's pretty fun. This is my project for my partner who is a fan of Australia. I'm making a foldover clutch.

#6 Flamingo Mittens - In one day I over doubled what I had on this mitten. I'm hopeful that it will be completed soon. I'm excited for the fun pattern and the pop of color to my otherwise drab Midwestern Winter.

#7 Knit Cowl - I love a good cowl. This yarn is so fun! The needles are size 19 and HUGE! It should make this one a fun and quick finish.

#8 Whale Mini - I won this kit online. I'm really excited to make this as my swaps are winding down and I can put up my mini wall. I wanted to wait until they were all here to hang them so this one kept getting put off. Now's the time!

#9 Dottie Mini - Same story as above. Love the idea - time to get cracking.

#10 Hello Darling Mini - I just adore the Hello Darling line. I bought a Fat Quarter Bundle of it but have no idea what I want to do with it yet. This little mini should be a fun way to play with the fabric without cracking into my bundle.

#11 Road 15 Mini - I bought a lot of this fabric when it came out for me. As it turns out I used all of it to make things for other people. This is all I have left and I'm excited for it to be my turn.

#12 Christmas Sampler - My favorite quilt shop ever, Stitch in Des Moines, has this exclusive embroidery sampler and I picked it up while in town for the AQS show last week. I can't wait to have some fun with this one! Until earlier this year I hadn't done any embroidery or cross stitching for almost 20 years and now I find myself loving it again.

#13 Christmas Quilt - Holly's Tree Farm, need I say more? You had me at the trees in the trucks. I'm so super excited for this one. It is one that WILL be completed because you don't even know how much I need this in my life.

#14 Christmas Swaps - I'm in two separate Christmas Swaps and as luck would have it my partners have exactly the same tastes. So, I'm making them the same thing. A table runner based on this pattern that I'm making my quilt from. It should be great.

#15 Kid Minis - My kids have all recently expressed the need for their own personal mini quilt for their animals and dolls. I thought it would be a fun Christmas present so I'll be turning these into simple patchwork minis for them. They should be super-fast and easy so I'm counting all five as one thing.

#16 - I won both of these charm packs with ALYoF and I'm excited to put them to good use. I'm trying to decide between two lap quilts but this will live on my couch when completed.

#17 Farm Quilt - I've had this jelly roll for what seems like forever. I don't actually know how long. However, I found some binding yardage on a crazy sale at a quilt shop last weekend and now I want to make it into something. I'm tossing around a few ideas but haven't landed on anything other than twin size.

#18 Knit Sweater - I've come to the point in my knitting where a sweater doesn't seem like a super crazy idea so I'm going to go for it. I really love this pattern and though the yarn is tiny I've used it many times before and think it won't be too awful. Maybe I should have started with something chunkier. We'll see how it goes.

#19 Care Bear X-stitch - My youngest is obsessed with all things Care Bear. This will become a Christmas present for her. I'll have to work on it when she's asleep or she will never leave it or me alone.

#20 Stuffed Pigs - I need to make two stuffed pigs out of this for my Sister-in-law. I have the pattern and the eyes all picked out and cut. I just need to sit down and do it. I'm not crazy about this project so hopefully putting it on my list will ensure it gets done quickly.
Well, that's my crazy long list. I know I will finish half of them and it will be exciting to see what else I come up with along the way. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I love reading project lists! I'm currently quilting the top I pieced with my 5yo. It's so fun to see the kids' excitement, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow: 20 projects! Good luck in getting them all done on time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so many great projects. I hope you get all or most of them done. I love all of the fabrics you shared for your sewing projects.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!