Friday, October 30, 2015

Halloween Quilt Finish

I finished my Halloween quilt Thursday morning and am so thrilled! Quilting went faster than expected and my smallest one cooperated so well for my rush job. This quilt is #1 on my Q4 FAL list and was also my ALYoF Goal for October.

Completed Halloween quilt! I love how this one turned out! I bought this fabric probably a year and a half ago and it has just been sitting in my stash waiting to become something. Hooray for sewing my stash!

I got the idea for the block layout and construction from a tutorial on the Moda Bake Shop. I've made this quilt before in April Showers fabric. It's amazing to me how different they look!

I've never made a quilt with this much black. It was a fun change and a good excuse to use up a whole bunch of black thread that I had on hand from a brand I don't love anymore. The black fabric is Sprinkles from Cotton and Steel. I think it kind of looks like stars. I kept the quilting super simple. I just outlined the blocks in glow-in-the-dark thread. I was thinking of doing more but loved the minimalist thing for this one.

The back of the quilt has a totally different feel from the front. I did this intentionally so it was really a reversible quilt. I love fun backing fabric and this Spellbound print from Cotton and Steel really grabbed me.

Here's a closeup of the back as well as the binding fabric. It's so fun to snuggle under a festive quilt for Halloween!
That's me for the week. Thanks for stopping by! I'm so glad I finished up the quilt with days to spare! I've been a crazy productive woman lately too and have several things ready to show next week as well. This blog is going to be all about finishes for a while. Until then, I'm linking up with Finish It Up Friday and TGIFF.

13 comments:

  1. This really turned out nice - you make me want to get my Halloween fabrics out now. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Halloween quilt--really cute hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the finish! A very fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ack! All these Halloween projects are making me wish I had made a Halloween quilt. I keep wanting to, but then wondering where I'll put it the other 11 months of the year! The cupboards are already so full. I love, love, love the C&S print on the back! I just made a project with C&S Sprinkles too. Love that stuff! Did you buy yardage for the prints in your top or did you go for a precut?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun quilt and your backing is perfect for it. After all these years I have never made a Halloween quilt - it's a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a perfect Halloween quilt! I really like the backing fabric you went with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt!! You totally knocked it out of the park with the backing - that way the quilt is not just a one-month-a-year quilt!! So glad you linked up with ALYOF so I could enjoy the eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeously done - I think that backing is a lovely contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice scrappy Halloween quilt! My poor Halloween quilt is all pin-basted, sitting waiting still for quilting attention. I'm jealous of your finish. ;D LOVE that backing for it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so awesome!!! I love it!!! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That turned out really well - love the backing fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute quilt, just in time for Halloween. I think the backing fabric is fabulous. Congrats on your October finish.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!