Friday, June 24, 2016

Blue Swiss Quilt Finish

Shortly after Camille of Thimble Blossoms released the Swiss Quilt Pattern I saw several different scrappy colored versions pop up. I especially loved the ones with dark blues. I dug through my stash and made it happen this quarter, which is a good thing because it is on my Q2FAL List.

Here's the whole quilt. I just love this one!! I made this for me as my favorite color is blue, especially these blues. I used a bunch of fun and interesting prints here to make the quilt more playful.

I adore all things Kate Spain and Sunnyside was one of my favorite lines of hers. So when a shop I love had this end of bolt that happened to be just the size I needed for this blue quilt it was just meant to be. You can also see the fun prints I used in this quilt. It's fun how some of them are a little wild but the whole quilt shot still reads really blue.


After the intense and limit pushing FMQ I've been doing lately I wanted something fast and simple for this quilt. I chose a variegated blue from Aurifil in 50wt and went to town with a large meander.

Here are my two Swiss quilts together. You can see more pics of the Red one here. I pieced these at the same time and was amazed at how fast and easy this quilt was, even times two.

I mentioned how fast and easy they were to my kids and now they each want one in their favorite color. We'll see how that goes.

Quilt Stats:
Pattern - Swiss by Camille of Thimble Blossoms
Fabric - Scrappy blues by various designers backed in Sunnyside by Kate Spain for Moda
Thread - Pieced and quilted Aurifil 50wt
Quilting - free motion meander on my domestic Juki
Size - Lap 56" by 64"
Stash Report - The top and binding of this quilt were all stash. The backing came from my new favorite Etsy shop Handmade is Heartmade.


I'm Linking up with Finish It Up Friday.

14 comments:

  1. It is plus quilt with pizzaz!!! Love that you made both a warm and a cool version. As soon as I finish making something, I wonder - what would it look like in warm/cool colors. Should have asked you :-)Congratulations on not one but two fab finishes!!!
    Hugs,
    Preeti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both just awesome. You used some really neat fabrics as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are just so beautiful, Julie. hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the quilt, and the backing is perfect! Very creative and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you find that piecing two at the same time is like getting a bonus quilt? I am amazed how it seems to take extra time, then suddenly there are two tops ready to go, and the time doesn't seem to have been so long.
    These two are gorgeous. I especially like that blue one (my favorite color) but the red is pretty spectacular, too. I'm betting that making two more for the kids will take even less time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have inspired me . . . . I've been wanting to make a single color quilt, and yours are wonderful. I love both versions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good thing you got the one for you done first! Who knows how long you'd have to wait. :) Nice finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilt is beautiful - I can't believe you finished 2 quilts in such a short time! And they both look so good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks wonderful! Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're both gorgeous, I love the depth of colour you have in the blue one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both are just amazing. Congrats on a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clever kids! I think they are both lovely. Great finishes and thank you for joining us in 2016 FAL from your hosts!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!