Monday, November 12, 2012

Blog Hop, Progress, and Spoiling

First off it's the final day of the Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop.  Beth from Plum and June has put a lot of work into this hop and it has been running for quite some time.  The hop started in May and is now ending six months later.  It was a fun journey and I really enjoyed being a part of it and meeting so many other new bloggers like myself.  Here's my post from back in September.  The list of women for today/this week, is fabulous and found below...

         Cynthia from A Quilter by Night
         Stephanie from Smalltown Dreamz
         Cynthia from Quilt Doodle Doodles
         Diane from From Blank Pages
         Laura from Waffle Kisses
         Mary Ann from Rocknquilts
         Jaime from Stitches to Sprinkles
         Allegory from {sew} Allegorical
         Alyce from Blossom Heart Quilts
         Lynne from Bouts Choisis
         Nat from Made in Home
         Francine from Mocha Wild Child
         Lyanna from Purple Panda Quilts
         Stacey from The Tilted Quilt


Now onto my progress.  I've been working hard on a quilt for my mother this past week.  I picked it up again last Tuesday after not working on it since July.  I'm getting to the part now where it's all coming together so quickly and getting bigger and bigger which is so fun!

Here's my progress with the center portion of the quilt.  There are to be 28 of each block.  I must now sew the three sections of the star block together and then assemble in a checker pattern.  I'm so excited with how quickly it's progressing!
To aid in the progression of this and other quilts my hubby spoils me enormously!  He's pretty cute about it to.  Tomorrow I turn 30 (I'm so excited, is that odd?) and he was worried he didn't have enough presents for me so he offered to take me to Joann's and supplement as well as use my 60% off coupons.  How could I refuse?!

He got me this new fancy yellow cutting mat.  It's HUGE!  I'm so excited to use it.  I put my old one on top for a size comparison.  The new one is 24" by 36" and a little slice of heaven.  He also got me a fancy new pair of Gingher scissors.  I'm in love.  They cut like a dream not like my cheap scissors that are about nine years old.  They make me want to make another HST quilt so I can cut out all that fabric with the nice ones!
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to hop around the last stops of the hop today!  I'm linking up with Plum and June for the Let's Get Acquainted Monday Link Up.

3 comments:

  1. stopping by to say hellow from LGABH.. hi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie look forward to seeing your finished quilt. The star block looks lovely. BTW next time it's my birthday can your husband talk to my husband so I can get lovely sewing stuff for my birthday!
    I think you are still allowed to be excited for 30(although I wasn't) but now that 40 is looming not too far in the distant future I wish I had of been! Found you through P&J link up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Great gifts from your hubby!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!