Saturday, November 3, 2012

Giant Granny Square Finish!

I finished this baby quilt just in time for the baby shower.  I quilted and bound it yesterday then this morning minutes before I was to leave I took a few pictures.  It was such a fun experience trying a few new-to-me techniques.   I'd never done squares on point and I've also never quilted 1/4" on either side of the seam.  I love how both turned out!  To read the other post on this quilt click here.

Here's the finished quilt.  I'm seriously in love.  It's about 35" square.  I used four fat quarters (but only half of each of them), 1/2 yard of the blue, 1/4 yard white and 1 1/4 yards of red.  I cut them all to 6.25" squares and just sewed in diagonal rows.  I picked 6.25" squares because if you were to fussy cut the fat quarters you could get four 6.25" squares.

Here's the back side.  You can really see the quilting on this side.  I love the look!  I will have to try this one again!

Here's up close from a jaunty angle.  I really love how this quilt turned out and I have enough left of the fat quarters to make it again if the mood strikes me.
It was a hit at the baby shower and my friend loved it!  She is due in January and I can't wait to meet the sweet baby girl this quilt was created for.

1 comment:

  1. Julie, I love, love, LOVE the quilt!!! I'm sure it will always be a favorite of my baby girl, too! can't thank you enough! - Aimee

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!