Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Blogger's Quilt Festival

I had been planning to write a post for the Blogger's Quilt Festival for a few days now and didn't seem to be able to get to it.  I had a lot of fun with it last time with the Spring edition (See this post) but didn't know if I had anything really worth showing.  Now it's the last day and totally crunch time!  I've decided to share my Hexagon Park quilt.  I'm really in love with the quilt but the best part, I think, is the completion picture with my kids in the tree holding up the quilt.  It is this picture that prompted me to enter the festival.

Here are my oldest three with the quilt in the tree.  It was made for the youngest of these who is sitting on the branch near the middle of the quilt.  I was having a hard time getting a great angle on this one because my hubby was at work and my kids are just too short to hold up a twin size quilt.  I tried draping it over a tree but it wouldn't stay.  My kids ADORE climbing trees so I told them to climb on up and hold the quilt while I took the picture.  I just love the result!

Blogger’s Quilt Festival Stats
Finished quilt measures : 70″x 80″
Quilted by : Leila Gardunia
Best Category : Bed Quilt or Quilt Photographer

I found the Hexagon Park pattern on the Moda Bake Shop site by Lynne from Lily's Quilts.

When I saw Cape Ann by Oliver + S for Moda I knew I had to have it!  This quilt required a layer cake and a bit of extra yardage.

The hexagons for this quilt were cut it half to make it easier to sew together.  I really liked that feature having made one previously that was quite difficult.

My good friend Leila did the quilting on this one and it looks so great!  She was pretty new to long arm and I let her play with mine.  She did little flowers in the squares and loops in the strips.

Leila also did big flowers in the hexagons and I just adore how they turned out!

The quilt is for my wonderful three year-old princess.  She was so excited that I finished it so quickly!

I love this picture of her loving it in the grass.  She looks so cute lying there and you can see the excitement in her face!

Here's another picture of my kids in the tree this time with the back side of the quilt showing.  They were so fun climbing up and sitting there in the tree!
Thanks for stopping by!  For more on this quilt check out the finish post here.

4 comments:

  1. I really love the pattern but also your fabric choices--they remind me of 30's reproductions! I hope you little one loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO lovely! Great fabric choices for such a sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! I have looked at this quilt pattern multiple times. Love how yours turned out!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!