Friday, August 23, 2013

Chevron Maxi Skirt

The lack of sleep with the new baby has finally caught up to me. I know I have the same amount of time in a day but between feedings and no sleep I spend most of my time in a daze. So, when I found time AND energy to whip up this chevron maxi skirt I was so excited! I'm linking up with Finish it up Friday over at Crazy Mom Quilts.

Here it is. Please ignore my one month post baby body and just look at the adorable skirt. I love it! It's nice, flowy, and so comfy! The fabric is Simply Color by V and Co. for Moda and can be found here.

I should have taken pictures on the way but I was just super excited to find the time to make it and taking pictures would have taken longer. I'll share the process and hopefully at some point I'll make another one and write up a tutorial since I thought this up all on my own.
The process:
- 2 1/4 yards of fabric and enough 1" elastic to go around your waist plus one inch.
- Fold the fabric right sides together with the selvage on the top and the bottom. - The cut edges should be touching.
- Sew along the cut edges creating a tube.
- To create the waist you'll need to fold the top edge over 1/2" inch and press.
- Fold over 1 1/4" and press again thus creating a casing for your elastic.
- Sew along the edge of your fold nearly all the way around leaving a hole for the elastic.
- Insert elastic - sew ends together - close up the seam.
- Hem the skirt and voila!

4 comments:

  1. Girl! You look awesome! And that was a great fabric to choose :) Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the skirt! Looks so comfy. You look amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No need for the post-baby disclaimer! Pretty skirt :) Definitely need the inspiration to make my own clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The skirt is lovely and you look great!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!