Wednesday, December 4, 2013

WiP Wednesday and ALYOF Goal

I've had quite the week! I was super-productive which makes me glad because the last few days have not been fabulous. We found a water leek in our bathroom that flooded the floor, I found out I need surgery to fix my c-section site from the birth of Ruby 4.5 months ago, and then on the way home from that the alternator went out on our car. GRRR! As consolation prize my t-shirt quilt is going splendidly and I decided to link it up as a goal for ALYOF. The recovery time from surgery will give me the down time I need to work on the baby's unfinished stocking! I'm linking up with WiP Wednesday.

I got all my shirts cut out for my t-shirt quilt. It was pretty speedy. Since I was already working on it and on a roll I attached them all to the interfacing and then re-cut them. That took me about two hours yesterday, pretty speedy!

I'm not a fan of the cutting stage of anything. I feel like I'm working backwards. Then I had to do it twice with this one once before I ironed them onto the interfacing and once after. This I was thinking I hated t-shirt quilts. Now being out of that stage I've changed my mind. They are pretty quick and easy to sew together and it combines two of my loves. Scrapbooking and quilting. What could be better than that?! This is a Christmas present for my friend's sister (yeah, I'm a pretty good friend) so it needs to be done by Christmas. As a reward I'm liking up to ALYOF and maybe I'll win something and get it done in time too!

Sorry for the yucky picture. It has been hazy and foggy for days here. I always hand-sew from a kit stockings for my kids (I made one for my hubby too) and I got somewhat behind on #5. I really would like this done in time but we'll see what happens. All of our stockings have the name top center so I added a patch on this one with her name on it instead of using the star as pictured. I think it turned out okay and will match a lot better.
I also finished my entry for the DWR challenge. I'm in love!! You can find a more detailed post here.
That's all for this week. Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. I love your tshirt quilt too. It's so satisfying to do. Then the stories come out about each shirt. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fun! I've always wanted to make a tshirt quilt. I live your version.
    -a fellow Julie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tshirt quilt is looking awesome. And I love that DWR quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tshirt quilt is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First,thank you for the crown!! I got it in the mail the other day and cannot wait for our little girl to wear it!

    Sorry you have to go get that C-section fixed:( Hope everything works out ok.

    The Tshirt quilt is looking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shirt looks great! Thanks for doing it for me. I hope all the jewelry made up for your time. :) I can't wait to see the finished quilt. My sister will love it and probably snuggle with it as she's recovering from her surgery!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!