Monday, March 31, 2014

Last Minute Finishes

I usually like to front-load all my projects and finish with time to spare but I have probably been over scheduling and thus have finished things just in time. Some of these were from orders from my Etsy shop, one was from a quilt along and the last was a goal from my 2014Q1FAL and March ALYoF.

This adorable viking hat (found here) was from a shop order. Isn't it adorable on a baby?

Here it is off a baby. I love the cute little horns and the detail around the bottom.

That completed this order and I got it shipped off. I learned something about Etsy from this order. When you put a processing time on a project they don't add them together when people order more than one. So all of these things were supposed to be finished in five days. It was totally pushing it and they got mailed off on day six. I think that's still pretty good.

Here's another order from my shop. It's a bunny preemie hat for a sweet little baby in the NICU for Easter. I love the idea and it is so cute and tiny! It's about the size of my hand for scale.

A friend ordered this quilt from me for an upcoming granddaughter. The pattern was so fun to make and I love the color combination. It was a fun and gratifying finish.

It measures about 46" square so too big for yardage. I added a green stripe down the middle and did some straight line quilting. I'm loving the look of lines these days.

Here's a bit of a close up of the blocks. This pattern came from the book Simply Fat Quarters and went together really easily. The binding however was a horrible pain!! The timing went out on my machine and it was a nightmare trying to sew it on. I tried to borrow a friend's machine and hers was worse than mine. After several attempts I settled on just going for it with mine in a straight stitch (I usually zigzag my bindings) and it worked out really well. I'm not as good at the straight stitch but I went really slowly and kept telling myself no matter how long it takes it is faster than hand stitching.

This quilt was my March ALYoF goal (post here) and on my list for 2014Q1FAL (goal post). I'm glad I got it done just in the nick of time. Excuse the shadowy picture. It was crazy windy and rainy today and this is the best I could do. Since it's the last day of March I couldn't really wait for better conditions. Hurray for procrastinated finishes!

I did more straight line quilting with this one -- see, addicted. And again I love it! I also used my new Hera marker, also love! It works so well and I love that I don't have to worry about how to get the markings out. There were a few spots, especially on the dark fabric, that were a little tricky to see but I could see enough of it to keep my lines straight.

I adore the back of this quilt! The fabric is so fun and the stripe of snow fabric is fun. My little man is in the upper corner holding it down so I could hurry and take a picture before it blew away again.

These pillows were made as part of the Star Light Star Bright Quilt Along from Happy Quilting. I love how they turned out! I did a bunch of straight lines (obsess much?) in a variegated thread. I accidentally switched some of the block pieces so it is a little different from the original but I still love it.

The back is an envelope type in black. I seriously love them! I've always wanted festive pillows. Halloween may not have been the best choice for this time of year but I love them anyway and I'm going to leave them up for a few days just to enjoy.
Phew that was a lot! Can you believe I finished all of that since Wednesday! That's less than a week! Nothing like last minute deadlines to get the fire under me started. Thanks for stopping by! I'm linking up with Finish it Up Friday and Fabric Frenzy Friday.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Julie! Those hats are adorable. And I love those quilts. You really are super productive. Great job! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Julie!! That is amazing, you have been super super busy!! Your pillows are just adorable, they turned out so cute!! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on all the finishes! I especially love the pillows. Or the quilts. Oh I can't decide :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful finishes all of them - that hat on that baby - priceless!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That viking hat is so stinkin cute!! I think your pillows turned out great--I love making envelope style pillow covers! You did a lovely job on all your finishes!

    Thank you for linking up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
    -Lindsey
    Fabric Frenzy Friday

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!