Friday, May 16, 2014

Color Me a Happy Finish

I love all things V. and Co. for Moda. Her latest line Color Me Happy is no exception. I just finished this fun quilt using it and an aqua background and I think I have a new favorite quilt. Do I say that every time? I used the Honey Honey Layer Cake pattern. This was my May goal for ALYoF and on my Q2FAL list.

Here it is in all its wonderful glory! I love the background color. I'm experimenting with things more exciting than white and gray and it's perfect I tell you, perfect!

Check out my fun binding and backing too. I'm loving this navy dot and those little sprouts.

Here's an artsy picture on my new ladder just for fun.

Then another on the red chair - even though the fabric is pink, don't cringe. I love the matching pillow that I made last week from the Contact Print Pillow found at Crazy Mom Quilts.

Here's a picture of me just holding it up. It's usually my hubby's job but he was covered in car grease and I trusted him with the camera this time. I think his job is harder than taking the pictures. All the blood left my arms and to get it from folding over I had to even stretch my little pinkies out all the way.

Here's a closeup of the block. It was a really fun layout and my new Bloc_Loc ruler make the trimming wonderful!

I'll leave you with this one last artsy picture of the bindng/backing. I love it! This is so me. Note how the colors match my new header - perfection!
I'm linking up with Finish It Up Friday and TGIFF and they ALYoF May Post.

9 comments:

  1. WOW...that is a great quilt, I can see why it would be your favourite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely! Beautiful colours and very snuggly looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh it is really really pretty. Love the aqua. And it looks fantastic in that red chair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the background color and the backing fabric! I love quilts that use something other than white or grey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love V and Co, too. The aqua was a wise color choice. It really makes the other fabrics pop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you have been busy and that is just lovely! and the pillow too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing finish and lovely pictures! :-). I really like the background fabric you chose and the backing and binding are perfect with it. Very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still have some of my Simply Color fq stack left. I am saving it for something special.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on lovely finish! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!