Friday, May 23, 2014

Pouches and Hexagon Pillow

I love little projects - they are so fast and give me a big sense of accomplishment. I finished six little things since Wednesday. Five pouches for teacher gifts and one cushion cover for my couch.

Here are all my zipper pouches finished up. They were so fun and fast. I did them assembly line fashion and just used white thread for the top stitching on all of them. I cut the fabric 10" by 9" and used a 9" zipper on the ten inch side - using a half inch seam allowance around the pouch.

Here are the fun zippers. A while ago I bought one hundred different zippers from an Etsy store an they worked out to be thirty-five cents a zipper. It was a pretty sweet deal.

One last fun view of the pouches. I can't pick a favorite they're all pretty fun. These are for my children's school teachers and we put a little gift card, a note, and a picture from the kids inside each one.

Here's my fold-over hexagon pillow. I just love how it turned out! The hexagons were fast and easy which surprised me. I did a bit of echo quilting around them but didn't cover the whole thing as I thought it would be overwhelming.

Here's more of a closeup shot. The fabric is Color Me Happy by V. and Co. for Moda. I'm planning on writing a tutorial for the hexagons soon - read in the next few days - and will link it up here.

I did an envelope backing in this cute print from the line.
I'm linking up with Finish It Up Friday and TGIFF.

5 comments:

  1. Love those pouches and that hexie pillow! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pouches are awesome Julie! Such a fun teacher's gift too. And love the pillow! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pouches - a cute gift that will be used. Love the pillow too as I am a Hexie fan. I invite you to link to Hexie Weekend to share your idea with others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GREAT idea to give the the pouches as teacher's presents. And I love the hexie pillow--so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your hexagon pillow! Beautiful colours!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!