Friday, September 19, 2014

BYU Pixel Quilt Finish

When I first saw the tutorial for the BYU Pixel quilt I knew I had to have it! I started collecting dark blues and low volume that day.It took me four months from that post to get enough fabric and to finish the quilt. Pretty darn good I'd say considering I have quilts on Pinterest that are years old.

This quilt was my September ALYoF goal and #7 on my Q3FAL list.

My hubby and I both graduated from BYU. BA in English for me and a BS in Agronomy for him. I adore this picture with our BYU shirts on. Four of my five kids took turns taking pictures of us and it seems #2 has a future in photography. The baby tried but just managed to drool on the camera.

I think the most interesting this about this quilt is how it's hard to tell what it is from less than four feet away. It's just a blobby collection of fun fabric. However, I love how it looks from across the room.

In truth I love how it looks from up close too! I am very picky about my fabric lately and I just love all of these prints!

I thought this print from the Figures line by Zen Chic for Moda was pretty fun and perfect for binding.

It also matches the backing well which is also from the Figures line (sorry the pic wouldn't load right side up). I used blue variegated Aurifil thread to quilt it and I love it!
I'm linking up this fabulous finish with my favorite places. TGIFF and Fabric Frenzy Friday.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! That picture of you and your hubby is really fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Our alma mater's colors are blue and grey also... idea time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job, Julie! Love the blue and all those fabrics are so much fun! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!