Friday, March 27, 2015

Lotus Pond Quilt Finish!

I am so excited to share this finish with you! I'm so pleased with many aspects of this quilt from the fabric, to the pattern and piecing, but I'm most excited about the quilting. Also exciting is that this finish crosses off so many things. This is my goal for March with ALYoF and is #17 on my Q1FAL list. I also made this with all stash making it another finish for Sew My Stash 2015. Without further ado...

Here it is!! See, love! The fabric is Lotus Pond by Rae Hoekstra for Cloud9. I love the bold colors and prints. I picked the Vintage Quilt pattern from Camille Roskelley's book Simply Retro to show off the fabric and it did a great job.

For the quilting I did pebbles in all the white spaces with some free-motion straight lines in the border. This was my first attempt at pebbles and I'm so happy with them! I was going for a bubbles in water and made them all different sizes.

I think this is my favorite block. I adore these multi-colored snails. If you would have told me before this fabric that snails were cute I would have thought you were crazy but I love this.

I love this picture because there are so many great things to look at. You can see the fun snail backing fabric, the frog binding, my tag from yardage by Sweetwater for Moda, and how I did the borders/corners. The quilting on this one took me over three weeks of free-time but so worth it!

Now it is waiting for me in my favorite red rocker for some naptime reading. My daughter just finished this book and asked me to read it so we could talk about it together. The book is Scat by Carl Hiaasen and it's fun so far.

Quilt Stats:
Fabric: Lotus Pond by Rae Hoekstra for Cloud9
Pattern: Vintage by Camille Roskelley
Quilting: FMQ pebbles and straight lines by me.
Finished size: Twin

Thanks for stopping by! I'm linking up today with TGIFF and Fabric Frenzy Friday and Finish It Up Friday.

9 comments:

  1. Yea! It looks great! Love the quilting and the cute frogs on the binding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a really nice finish Julie! I'm in love with this fabric. And you did an amazing job with the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fantastic - you did a great job! Great pattern choice for those fabrics too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GREAT quilt! I LOVE the colors, the pebbles & your cute tagging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about this quilt! It is wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this cute is just darling! Everything about it is great. You did a great job on the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, super amazing quilt! I just finished my first block for this pattern, and it's off center--my points don't line up! Any tips for getting the block centered to get those beautiful points you have? Your fabric choice is so perfect, too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so crisp and pretty, and that quilting is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!