Wednesday, July 29, 2015

WiP Wednesday: Thimble Blossoms Edition

I seem to be having a thing with Thimble Blossoms pattens lately and all of my progress on quilty projects have been on those things. I also made a little time to knit and I finished three Sailor Tops which I will show off on Friday. The big news this week is that I finished my ALYoF goal for July which was to complete the last of my Swoon blocks! I'm so excited! Take a look...

This is my finish for ALYoF for July. I am so super in love with these! I finished them in between rain storms yesterday and as I was taking pictures it started to rain and the wind was crazy. I grabbed a picture one at a time and made a collage later. It was pretty fun. These are done in Miss Kate by Bonnie and Camille for Moda.

Here are all sixteen together. The Swoon pattern calls for nine blocks in a three by three grid. However, that quilt only comes out to 80" square. For a tall girl like me (six feet) with a super tall husband (6'6") that just wasn't going to cut it. I added the extra squares to bring it up to queen size. This of course means I can't quilt it at home and will have to send it off to someone else to make it fabulous.

Now that those are finished for a bit I am focusing all my energy on the next swap in line. I'm in a swap for Thimble Blossom patterns on Instagram. My partner posted the Fireworks quilt three separate times in mosaics so I took the hint. She said the swoon was her favorite but it didn't show up. Maybe it's one of those actions speak louder than words things? I hope so. As it turns out I didn't need to cut the big floral squares but I'm sure I can find a use for them. This is already starting to take shape and I hope to finish it quickly as the deadline for this is Aug. 10th.

Finally, I have been working on my Portland hat. I'm excited about this one but not really happy with how the blue turned out. Shopping online can be so hard! I bought a different blue at first but it was too light and there was no contrast with the gray. I tried again and this one may be too dark or something. I keep telling myself I love it but I don't believe me. Maybe when it is all finished I'll love it more, I hope.
 Thanks for stopping by and be sure to hop on back on Friday where I'll share my finishes from this week. For now I'm linking up with WiP Wednesday.

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic quilt! It's so nice to finish a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Swoon quilt! Is on my list but I have the pattern since it was published so I can be that I need a few more years to actually make it;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Swoon quilt! I so need to make one but still have not started it. Did you see Thimbleblossoms put her patterns on sale till Thursday. Yep I have not made the ones I have but I think I need more!! Great Quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous blocks... this will be a wonderful quilt! Any thoughts on how you will get it quilted?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Swoon blocks. That's one of those projects that's still on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Swoon blocks are just beautiful - it is going to be a gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's fabulous already, it will just be even more fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Your Swoon quilt is going to be fabulous! I love those colours. And you made me smile with "I'm telling myself I love it, but I don't believe me" comment... you're so funny! I think the blue looks great by the way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt top is lovely. Sending it off gives you time to work on something else :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!