Thursday, July 2, 2015

Foxy Quilt Finish with other bonus Finishes

My goal this week was to finish up my Foxy quilt which is #2 on my Q2FAL list. I did that and then some! Hurray for more productivity! I finished the foxy quilt, a cross stitch project for a swap, a blanket and burp cloth set, and a curvy clutch. At the bottom of this post is my focus for July and my ALYoF goal.

The little guy LOVES orange. Someone recently asked him what his second favorite color was and he said orange. I think that's pretty accurate. I've been working on this quilt forever. Like nine months. It kept getting pushed back and this sweet little guy was so patient with me. Here he's loving it right after I finished the quilting. It still needed to be trimmed and bound at this point but he didn't care.

We had a lot of fun for this photo shoot. The sun was a little bright be he didn't care.

I love this shot of the foxes! There are so many for the twin size.

This quilt sat for so long waiting to be quilted because I wanted to try something new. I was nervous that I would mess it up and so it sat for six months. Then I decided to just go for it and I'm glad I did. I took a quilting class at QuiltCon and the teacher showed us these connected boxes. I loved it for this. Mine are far from perfect but I love them anyway and they were so fun to do. Once I accepted that they'd be wonky I had a blast quilting this one.

Here's the quilt in all it's foxy glory. There are 80 different foxes in 14 different orange prints. My son picked out each one. The background is Kona Ash. Hurray for another crossed off my Q2FAL list!

Also finished this week was this white tiger eyes cross stitch. I really love how this turned out. White tigers aren't really my thing but this is cool. I debated at one point about adding the gray and I'm glad I did. It adds so much depth. This on is on its way to my partner.

When my good friends have babies I make them blanket and burp cloth sets. They are a fun shower gift and so useful. Well, one of these friends loved them so much she bought a set for her cousin. These flamingos and flowers are so fun and I made these in a nap time this week.

A few weeks ago I had a giveaway here and on Instagram for a curvy clutch. One of my local friends won the IG one and she came over today and picked some fabric. I love the pop of color with the pink on this one and that navy print is one of my favorites. The inside is poking out so you can see the lining fabric.

So I have a bunch of little things going right now like the Farm Girl Vintage QAL, swaps, and a secret project or two. I'm also about to start another twin-sized quilt this one a Hazel Hedgehog. I had a hard time picking my ALYoF goal for July with so much happening and then I saw these languishing on my cut table. These are to become the last four swoon blocks for my giant swoon quilt. They white is already cut and most of them marked. I just have to cut the colored prints and sew them together but they keep sitting there so I'm making the completion of these blocks my goal for July.
So that's me this week. I hope to make a lot of progress on things but I'm not close to finishing anything right now so I may have to go back to writing WiP posts. Catch me on Instagram @julieschloemer where I am always quite active. Thanks for stopping by! I'll be linking up with TGIFF and Finish It Up Friday.

6 comments:

  1. Your foxy quilt looks amazing Julie! The quilting is beautiful. I bet this quilt will be loved for a long, long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very productive week! I love those foxes and the quilting makes me think of Etch-a-Sketch drawings! Best of luck with your ALYOF goal for July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks SO HAPPY! Great foxes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fox quilt turned out great! And your son's joy shines through. He reminds me of our son at that age.

    And I love your tiger cross-stitch!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your Fox quilt - the orange fabrics are just perfect and it looks like it is well loved already! The tiger cross -stitch looks amazing too.
    *Visiting as a member of the official 2015 Finish-Along cheerleading squad.*

    ReplyDelete
  6. The foxes are very cute, but the fabric choice for your ALYOF july goal look very intreaging. Hope to catch up at the finished party

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!