Friday, February 12, 2016

Primrose Quilt Finish

I finally finished my little girl's Primrose quilt. It has been on the list for nearly two years now. It just kept getting bumped for other projects - but no more! My little girl (age 2.5) is so excited to have a big quilt of her very own on her bed now. This project is #13 on my Q1FAL list.

Here it is! This is the Primrose quilt pattern from the book Fat Quarter Style. I made the twin-size version using Miss Kate fabric and a Kona dark blue background.

I had a lot of fun quilting this one using three different Aurifil 50wt threads. They blend so well that it's difficult to see them. I did a blue on the background, pink for the flowers, and green for the centers. These all came from my Simplify Aurifil box set.

I always put tags on my quilts and I just love the look of this one on the back. Ruby is just starting to learn her letters and recognize her name so this part is so fun for her.

I put it on her bed and she was so happy looking around and pointing to all the pretty prints. Here she's touching her two favorite blocks. These were also her two favorites when they were just in fat quarter form.

My happy girl on a quilt just for her. I cannot wait for Little Ruby to come out so I can make her another quilt. She has a baby quilt in the original Ruby and it would be so fun for her to have another with fabric that matches her name.
Quilt Stats:
Pattern - Primrose Quilt from Fat Quarter Style
Fabric - Miss Kate by Bonnie and Camille for Moda and Kona dark blue solid.
Thread - Pieced and Quilted with Aurifil 50wt
Quilting - FMQ by me. Mostly a meander with horizontal straight lines on the green prints.
Size - Twin 64" by 88"
Stash Report - 100% stash including fabric, thread, and batting!

That's me for the week. Thanks for stopping by! I'm having fun picking what to do next since all my current fabric wips are done and I'm caught up on my bee blocks. Come back next week to see my finished cable-knit hat and to check out what I come up with. Until then I'm linking up over at Finish It Up Friday.

4 comments:

  1. What a fun quilt for your daughter! Congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your WIPs are done? Congratulations! Pretty quilt. Love the blue. Love the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a beautiful finish! Ruby is just so adorable! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt is as beautiful as the model!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!