Friday, March 18, 2016

Many Small Finishes

It was another one of those weeks where I finished up a lot of small things instead of a big one. Some of these I finished last week but forgot to share. Recently I made - three hats, a cowl, a mini, and a drawstring bag. Score!

This is the Jul Hat I finished. I love it so much! It is perfect for St. Patrick's Day and I wore it yesterday. This is the second Jul Hat I've made you can see them both in the bottom right. I wanted this one to be a bit bigger and love how it turned out.

I made these sweet little hats for a swap partner who is having twins. I wanted them to be gender neutral and I just adore the pompoms on top! I used the pictured Clover Pompom maker and I just love this little contraption!

I also made another Jasmine Cowl. I love how quick and easy these are and how it shows off the kettle dyed yarn. It's so pretty!!

I'm in a swap that was all about the Elizabeth Hartman patterns. I chose to make two Fancy Fox blocks and two Hazel Hedgehog blocks. I love how it turned out and how it looks all done in Tula Pink fabric. This one finished out about 20" square.

I really love the quilting on this one!! I went with free-motion paisleys again. It had become my favorite motif. I also love how this mini was 100% stash!

The same partner in that swap also love the "Frankenhazel" that someone else made. I recreated it and made it into a drawstring bag. It is so fun! This project was also 100% stash.

I also wrapped up the Rainbow Mini swap this week. This is the amazing package I received. I super love everything, especially the mini. Alison Glass is one of my favorites and this pattern and quilting are perfection. I totally scored!

This is what I sent out to my partner. She mentioned she liked Tula Pink and many of her mosaic pictures were of simple quilts that showed off the fabric. She loved it and I sure had fun making it.

Thanks for stopping by! We close on our house next week so I'll be doing a lot of painting in the near future but I did have a few things I have to finish up first. I hope to get it all done and then service my machine when I'll be too busy to sew with it anyway. Until then I'm linking up with TGIFF and Finish It Up Friday.

6 comments:

  1. Great projects = you did well in the mini but my favorite is the mini you made. Great FMQ of the paisley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a colorful "plus" quilt! Great projects, all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Fancy Fox and Hazel. All great finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Fancy Fox and Hazel block quilt. I have been eyeing those blocks on other sites. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of finishes in one week! I'm very impressed by your knitting... I have no skills in that department. The quilting on your Hazel/fox mini is awesome. So many lovely swap items. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your minis are so beautiful Julie! Your partners are really lucky! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!