Friday, March 11, 2016

To The Point Quilt Finish

I finished another quilt and I'm so happy with it! I realized when I was quilting it that this one is perfect for St. Patrick's day. Finished just in time! This is another project off my 2016 Q1 FAL list.

I just love this quilt! I know I already said that but it is so true! These are my favorite colors all in one place and I love the simplicity and clean lines. My points weren't always perfect but when looking at it like this you can't really tell.

This is another quilt that was 100% stash. My husband is loving all these free projects and I'm loving marking things off my wishlist. I got all the fabric for this one a while ago at a remodeling sale from my LQS. I think the backing and binding are just perfection!

My 6'6" husband was too short to hold this one up on his own so I had him borrow my step ladder. It was pretty adorable seeing him feel small and we sure love how it's more than enough coverage.

Being a lover of green I've always been able to get behind St. Patrick's day. This is my favorite decoration, a pillowcase my mom made me while I was in college. Look how well the quilt matches it!

Here's a closeup of the binding. I just love this print and how it has all the colors from the front. My usual zigzag stitch works so well for this quilt too going with the triangles theme.

This quilt is twin-sized by design but I couldn't resist popping it on my bed so I could sit and stare at it a little longer. I'm sure one of my five kids will claim it soon but until then it works here. It's barely dangling over the far side but as a second quilt totally does the job.
Quilt Stats:
Pattern - To The Point by Vanessa Christenson
Fabric - Color Me Happy by V. and Co. for Moda
Thread - Pieced and Quilted with Aurifil 50wt
Quilting - Straight line quilting on either side of the seams by me.
Size - Generous Twin 76" by 90"
Stash Report - 100% stash including fabric, thread, and batting!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope to have another mini finished to show off next week. After that who knows. We're getting close to the move! Until then I'm linking up with TGIFF and Finish It Up Friday.

7 comments:

  1. Which came first the backing or the solids for the front? A perfect match! Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on a terrific finish! Love those colors all together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just gorgeous Julie! I cannot believe how quickly you managed to get this one done. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous! Congrats on the finish & it being made from your stash! I know it's a good feeling to finish a project and one made from stash fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a perfect example of why I love triangles...not sure why I don't work with them more! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!