Friday, April 1, 2016

Road 15 Mini Finish

I finished another thing from my Q1FAL list. It was pretty perfect timing for this one too because we just moved into our new house and it's house/road themed. I had a lot of fun making this one. Check it out...

I found this cute pattern on the Moda Bake Shop and modified it to the fabric I had on hand. I love the diagonal stripe on this one with the contrasting background. I think it totally adds to the fun of the pixelated heart pattern.

I had a lot of fun quilting this one! I went in the ditch around the squares and then the background was all pebbles. It had been a while since I've done the pebbles and I just love them!

This fabric is so great I am so happy that I kept some for myself. I bought a lot when it first came out but ended up making my mom a quilt and three cushions with it. I saved just enough for a mini for myself.

I love this fabric for the backing and you can really see the thread change here. I did blue and white to match the backgrounds on the front.

I super love this fabric for binding. I should have bought so much more of it! This is also another great shot of the quilting. So much love for the pebbles!!

So we moved into our house last Saturday. We are so in love! We bought it on Tuesday and then used a few days to work on it. I ended up painting the whole house and I'm so happy with my color! I even got my minis hung up these week. I've made four of these pictured, the rest came from swaps. It's so fun and inspiring to look at all this creativity every day!

Quilt Stats:
Pattern - Big Hearted Quilt by Robin Nelson
Fabric - Road 15 by Sweetwater for Moda
Thread - Pieced and Quilted with Aurifil 50wt
Quilting - Straight line quilting in the ditch for the heart then pebbles for the background all by me.
Size - Mini about 20" square
Stash Report - 100% stash including fabric, thread, and batting!

Thanks for stopping by! This is one of two quilts I'm sharing this week. Hooray for productivity! I'm linking them both up with TGIFF and Finish It Up Friday.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely little finish. Your new quilting room looks like a fun place to create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.

    P.S. Happy New Home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is one adorable mini! Congrats on the new house!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute mini! I really like the contrasting background idea. And I love your wall of minis - how cool! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely mini to add to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute mini! Love the backing fabric. Congratulations on the new house. You move fast with the painting and setting up!!

    Tami at sewmuchforfreetime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!