Friday, April 12, 2013

Starburst Finish

I'm so excited to have finally finished a quilt for my bed!  I haven't made one for my bed since just before I went off to college twelve years ago.  I got the fabric - Bella by Lotta Jansdotter - for my birthday in November and joined up with the Starburst quilt-a-long over at Happy Quilting.  Sadly my VERY difficult pregnancy prevented me from finishing up with everyone else but it's done now and happily on my bed!!

I finished the binding on this one late Wednesday night (4/10).  It's been a rainy yucky mess here and to avoid mud on my newly finished quilt I took the pictures inside.  The lighting isn't fabulous but it's better than mud!  It finished up at about 96" square and is perfect for my queen-size bed even with my cover hog hubby. ;)

Here's a closeup of the quilting.  I took it to my local quilter and she did an allover swirl and leaves pattern that I think perfectly fits the fabric and the quilt!  It gives it more of the fall vibe that I was feeling when I made this one.

It looks fabulous on my bed!  I'm just in love!  I think it's a great size and brightens up the room.  Although the room brightening may have something to do with the fact that this is the cleanest my room has been in months.

Here's a shot from the bottom of the bed. It just makes me want to climb in!  I got the orange sheets on major clearance at Target and they perfectly match my orange star and the backing that is also orange. I'm typically not a huge fan of orange but I'm loving this slight burnt color and it's perfect for the fall feel I wanted for the quilt.
I'm linking up with Finish it up Friday over at Crazy Mom Quilts.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! So glad you finally made yourself a quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love these blocks. And I adore this fabric line. I have a stash of it sitting in my sewing room that I can't bear to cut. I am tempted to try to recreate your blue trees...
    Oh, and the quilting is prefect!
    E xx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!