Monday, May 27, 2013

Baby Pirate Quilt Finish

 On my cutting table this week is a pirate quilt for my oldest boy. I cut all I needed from the Pirate Matey's fat quarter bundle and then had enough left over to make some more stuff with. I started with a throw pillow for his bed and had even more so I made a baby quilt for my friend who is expecting a little boy later this year.

There aren't any work-in-progress photos of this one because the top from start to finish including pressing took me less than an hour! Dude! I think this will be my go-to baby pattern from now on. I'm linking up with Finish it Up Friday over at Crazy Mom Quilts.

I took 42 5" cut squares and sewed them in a 6 x 7 top. This is just after I spray basted. I just adore spray basting! It was so fast, especially for this quilt which only took me about ten minutes.

Then I used my walking foot and did some straight line quilting 1/4" on either side of each seam. For this small quilt it went quite quickly.

With some of my leftover fat quarters that my son didn't want to use in his quilt I pieced the backing. I used another to make the binding and it was the perfect size with no scraps leftover. The quilt is about 32" x 36" so smaller than I normally make a baby quilt but still respectable.

Here's a closeup of my fabric and the quilting. I just love the walking foot because I find it nearly impossible to go crooked!
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my latest finish!

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! Don't you just love a quick finish? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very cute! Great little quick job!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a cute quilt, and I like how you chose to quilt it. I too couldn't live without the walking foot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!