Friday, October 25, 2013

First Q4 FAL Finishes

I had a bout of creative energy combined with a wonderful hubby who looked after the kids so I could accomplish what I needed to get done. I finished three things off my Q4 FAL Goals to add to the one I posted earlier this week. That's four! In one week! My list has 29 things on it and I really don't think they are all going to happen but if I even work at half this pace I'll get a lot done, which is nice. I'm linking up with Finish it up Friday.

One of the things on my list was to make bean bags. I combined this with my goal to have all my kids (and hubby) try out sewing. It went off so well!! Everyone had a go, except the baby who just turned 3 months, but she sat on my lap. They all did really well listening to instructions and lining everything up. The littlest were too short for the pedals so I did that while they controlled the fabric sitting on my lap.

These are all of our bean bags. I took the picture on their sides so you could see the contrast. They had a lot of fun picking out the fabric from my extra charm square stash.

I also finished the crowns for my older two kids. They turned out so good and the kids just love them!

The side shot is great too. These are listed in my Etsy Shop.

Finally, just this afternoon, I finished up the charity quilt. I really struggled with this one because it was started so long ago and the material is no where near my standards now but I kept telling myself it was for charity and some kids is going to love it no matter what.

I tied it using my machine doing a zigzag stitch with a zero length. I bound it in black that I had sitting around. I really like how the black binding looks on it especially on the cherry side.
So that's three more finishes out of the way and a nice productive week. I have no idea what I'm going to work on next but it's going to be fabulous! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to get you kids involved in sewing! I really like those crowns, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!