Wednesday, October 30, 2013

WiP Wednesday: Addicted to Busy

So my list of things to do was long enough already but I keep adding more and more to it. I think I may have a fabric addiction. The fact that I'm just now admitting this is sure to make my hubby laugh. Add to that my growing Etsy business and my yarn addiction that I claimed long ago and you come up with one busy crafter. The funny thing is I actually tried to cut down on what I was working on this week and totally added more. I'm linking up with WiP Wednesday.

First up we have some fabric meant for two pillows. I recently joined my local Modern Quilt Guild and I just loved our first meeting. In November we're doing an exchange and I can't wait. I got this fabric and two zippers for the back as well as variegated thread. The zippers aren't an exact match but they'll be on the back and it's the first time I've ever used variegated thread.

I got all my fabric cut out. The white squares will stay as they are but all the other ones will turn into 2" HST. Good thing it's just a pillow or I'd go crazy with all those small pieces. I'm going off of this tute.

My daughter had been asking for an owl hat for a while now and it was finally her turn. She chose purple and blue sparkle yarn and it's so her. She also wanted her owl to be awake not sleeping like my other owl hats.

This variation was so fun that it got it's own listing in my shop.

I did work a little on my Q4 FAL goals. These two are on my list to make and they both got basted and quilted yesterday. The binding is made and ready it just needs to be attached. I'm odd because that is one of my favorite parts of the whole process.

Here's a closeup of the quilting. I just did on either side of the seams. I love this style of quilting for simple patchwork quilts.

I also started this hat for me. Well, mostly for me. I'm doing my first craft fair on Saturday and I needed samples of my work to bring and I didn't have one of these around the house. I decided to just have samples there and take orders because I don't want to make a bunch and not sell them and have them around the house. Plus, I think the best part of my shop is that everything is so made to order and completely custom from size to style to color choices. So it will be for me but it's a multi-tasking hat.

Also as a result of the upcoming craft fair, I ordered business cards. I made them myself at staples.com and just love how they turned out. They were ready for pickup in just a few hours.
Well, that was my crazy week. I hope to get so much more accomplished before the craft fair on Saturday and I also got another order this week. It looks like this week is going to be another full one. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. I love your daughter's color choices for her hat. Beautiful (hat and daughter!)

    Great business cards! I'll have to check out the Staples option. They look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That owl hat is so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, they turned out so good!
    My kidos were quite impressed with the hat. Even Emily wants an owl hat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the business cards - good luck with the craft fair!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!