Friday, January 3, 2014

Little Fire Quilt Finish

While I was at my LQS looking for the backing to my little man's twin size fire quit I came across this other fireman fabric that I had to have even though I knew it wouldn't work with my project. Thus, a little quilt was born. It is a whole cloth with a meander quilting and some binding. It's 1.5 yds by WOF and was begun and completed today. Here are some pictures...

Look at that enthusiasm! This little man practically lives in his fire hat. The coat is optional.

Since it is a whole cloth quilt there isn't really a front or a back. However, he doesn't like this side as much so it has been deemed the back side by him.

At 42" by 54" it is a great size for him to snuggle in but it will grow with him.

The fabric is Off to the Rescue by Becky Taunton for Newcastle fabrics. It's so cute! I got a little extra of the navy fire hydrants for my I-spy quilt.

He was just loving it and kept asking for more and more pictures with it.

My little man still posing. He said it's okay that his big fire quilt is taking a long time because now he has his little one to snuggle.

It's even big enough to share a little bit. Here's kids #1, #3, and he's #4 of five.
I'm happily linking up this cute finish with Finish it Up Friday and TGIFF.

5 comments:

  1. What a cool quilt for a little boy! The fabric is lovely. It's nice when you can see the recipient loves the thing you've made for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, I love the fabric. It looks great as a whole quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so happy to have this fireman quilt. I love how his hand looks like he is moving the truck in the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How perfect! Even nicer when a simple pattern or even just the fabric makes them happy! Love finding the right person for the fabric, or vice versa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can just tell how much he loves his quilt. It really is a great size. I make a lot of baby blankets that size, because it really does grow with them.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!