Wednesday, January 29, 2014

WiP Wednesday: Sufficient

Last week the progress I made on everything was, in a word, insufficient. I totally made up for it this week mostly because Saturday my guild did an all day sewing day. I finished and worked on so many things I can't wait to share....

I finished my Scrumptions fabric Sew Together Bag! It was a bit tricky and took quite some time but I love it! It was one of my Q12014FAL goals (found here)

The mistakes I made were minor alignment issues and I think they could be perfected on a second go around.

I'm not really a random sort of girl. I think it was pretty adventurous to have the zippers be two different colors. ;) I really love how this turned out!

This the last block I had to test for my friend's new book.  Ignore the randomly folded corners. I just love blue and these fabrics together are so pretty!

Here are the three I tested together. It was pretty fun being a tester for someone. So fun that I signed up to be someone else's tester and I get to work on that in the next two weeks.

I also pieced a quilt top, prepared the backing, and made this binding for this baby quilt. The fabric is so fun and I love the colors.

Here's a picture of the top. It's so fun! It's the Jelly Roll Jam pattern that the Fat Quarter Shop has for free. It worked up crazy fast and is just the right size for a baby at about 36" square.
Also this week I worked on a few crochet projects including a Cabbage Patch Kid inspired hat that I can't wait to share with you tomorrow or Friday. I also hope to finish the quilt in that time. Since it's so tiny I don't think it should be a problem. The Star Light Star Bright quilt along also started today so I am going to get my fabric together and all cut up this week as well. I'm linking up with WiP Wednesday.

4 comments:

  1. Love the zippy pouch - the fabric choices are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bag - I'd really like to make but I think it's too much as my first zipped project. Testing for a new book sounds exciting - blocks are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pouch is amazing! Just perfect! And I love those test blocks, they are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!